2004-08 Quest leaks - how to fix

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
Quest2004
Car: 2004 Nissan Quest SE

OK, these vans with the power moonroof and skylights are prone to leak and drip on you in the front as well as the rear - all over the place. Mine did. Here's what to do to diagnose and fix:

1. Power moonroof: (biggest culprit) See my post about the drain tubes and the drain holes. The holes plug and the tubes kink under your headliner and back up into your water tray surrounding the moonroof glass, overflowing into the headliner. You may see water just in back of the A pillar or even further back. Very annoying. Replace the rubber drain tubes with reinforced rubber.

2. The skylight's can leak: This one can fool you. They will look fine but they can still be leaking and running down the headliner into the back behind the rear seat and puddle. First, to confirm if they are leaking, I took mine to a guy that does auto wrapping and had him use 2" wide scraps to seal the gap between the glass and the roof metal over the rubber (just around the edges) - my roof is black. You can use a color that matches your roof - on mine you could barely tell he did it. They'll do it for next to nothing (or you could do it yourself - just use a safe tape). If it still leaks, you know something else is leaking. If it doesn't and he did a nice job you can leave the wrap on. Pulling these skylights and re-sealing is a PAIN. I had to have mine re-seated as part of a different repair and I had to take it back TWICE to the shop that did it, so this is a pain for even the professionals. Do not attempt.

3. Sneaky leaks from the rear side windows: This one will also fool you - it will look fine, but water can be leaking in there. Open both back windows and clean all the rubber stripping first. Make sure there isn't a plastic/rubber circle that has moved down on your glass and would be causing the seal to NOT be tight. I removed that rubber "nubbie" off the glass and my leaks went away immediately. I could see down that side internally (with the internal trim pad off) how the water was getting down to the area behind the rear seat.

Mine had all these problems. Not now - no leaks! :dblthumb:

compaqxl590
Car: 2007 Nissan Quest

When you were removing the skylights did you have any issues with getting in to the air bag system or is it closer to the edges of the van near the Pilars?

Return to “Quest Forum”