2003 sentra SE-R SpecV???????

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
WhiteLight
Car: The Car

My friend found a Black Sentra spec v for sale here really cheap.well he wants to know if there worth the money or should he buy a different car.....i told him i didnt know of too much performance wise parts for them but i knew you all could help...so let us know if you like your cars, why you do, and what you dont like.....thanks guys

Phax
Car: Control dynamics

Until someone turned me on to the 240SX, I was looking at purchasing a Spec-V. They are very competetively priced for what you get. They are one of the slower new imports out there, but by no means the slowest. When it came down it for me, I decided that I'd rather spend ~$18k on a 240SX and swap in an SR20DET. That investment makes for a much more performanced oriented vehicle.

For a FF car though, the Spec-V is alright. It has some reasonable aftermarket support. Of course there are the typical exhaust, intake, header upgrades available. Jim Wolff Technology has developed their own line of parts for the QR25 (cam shafts, balance removal kits, chip/ecu reprogram <?>). There are also a couple of nitrous kits available for the vehicle.

If your buddy wants a reasonably fast, reasonably priced car, tell him that the Spec-V is an alright buy. If he does get one, make sure that he takes it easy for the first 5000 miles or so. There are all sorts of kids who have redlined their cars right off of the lot, and ended up with all sorts of engine problems.

nlzmo400r
Car: cars

the spec V is a great car for the price, and its all basically a matter of opinion,i think id probably take a spec V over any other car in its price range, for me, itd be a toss up between teh mazdaspeed protege, and spec V, and im almost positive id go with the spec V, they have loads of torque, and great looks IMO, try searching and emailng EZCHEESE15, he has an amazing spec V, also ONEFASTSTANZA has an amazing spec V, they could tell u all the info you know, o, an dkeep an eye out for JEZTER, i think he's actually selling his

OneFastStanza
Car: '02 SE-R Spec V, '92 Stanza, '97 Maxima, '04 Vue Redline. '04 F250

I like my Spec V. As for it being one of the slower new imprts I wouldn't say that but I guess it is in respect to what you are comparing it to. It is a good car for a good price. The SRT-4 would also be a nice car for cheap price but everyone has their own opinions on that.

As for performance upgrades on the Spec a lot of projects have been finishing up lately. There have been multiple turbo kits being made and they are in the finishing stages now. ForcedInduction Racing and SSR to name a couple. I know at least ForcedInduction's kit dynoed at a little over 260whp which is outstanding for only 8 or 9psi (couldn't remember which one it is). Anyhow with that kit the Spec should be good for high 12s or low 13s depending on how well you can get the car to hook. Other than that you can choose from your choice of bolt ons inclucing cams and cosmetic mods. More stuff is being developed as we speack and will only grwo so I wouldn't be wary of teh aftermarket.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

The SPECV is a GREAT all around car.

One of teh most amazing values out tehre.Many of teh upgrades PPL do to their rides are already there:Wheels, sport seats larger brakes.handles great too!

That 6 speed manual is a hoot too.

mid 15's is not slow by any means either.

a big BUY IT recomendation!

Fred...:)

nlzmo400r

actually, almost every spec V that ive seen run around here stock were 15.2s-15.3s, ive seen one 15.6, but that was the slowest one ive seen around, and that may have been driver of course, ive witnessed 2 spec V vs RSX type S races, same cars both times, spec V won when both were stock, and spec V also won when rsx had v2 intake. The quickest 'stock' spec V ive seen around was a 14.9, this was with CAI however, but even for reference, thats a damn good time, he was running consistan 15.2s stock

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Those are all very good times indeed.Rememebr the late 60's Boss 302 Mustang muscle car ran stock in the low 15's/

Fred...:)

nlzmo400r

yea, and most old v8s arent as quick as people think they are simply because of sheer weight

jEzTeR
Car: 07 FX35 - 02 Altima 3.5se - 93 240sx Hatch

I love the Spec V.It is a great car bone stock.The aftermarket is there and getting stronger.I think that Nissan did a real good job with the return of the SE-R and took it one step further with the Spec V!;)

nlzmo400r

i just want a 2dr, that would be great, or hell, make a 25osx (qr25, 2dr rwd platform, and up the power to a touch over 2oo or so) i think a car like that would do nissan well, making it right in between the Z and the spec V, price it around 2o-25k or so

spec-v5150

jEzTeR wrote:I love the Spec V.It is a great car bone stock.The aftermarket is there and getting stronger.I think that Nissan did a real good job with the return of the SE-R and took it one step further with the Spec V!;)

It is good to see peopel actually like the new Se-r. I remember alot ofpeopel were *****ing that the Se-R wasnt 2 door or this or that. I have my mind set oa 04 Spec or a 99 Prelude. Agony I tell you:( . The Spec sounds moure enticing since it will be brand new and have the full warranty. Also you buy Nismo stuff at the dealer and it is still covered under warranty right....? I thought I read that. If it isnt, the Spec will still be my most likely choice. I need a peppy 4 door grocery getter. Plus I would rather stay in the Nissan family

Altiman94
Car: Paintball, cars, outdoor sports

Rob, I really like the 250sx idea actually. I like the spec, but I also do not want a 4 door sports car. That's a real good idea, write an email to nissan and we could all get a petition going.

Altiman94

I was under the impression that preludes ended in 1998.

nlzmo400r

actually preludes ended in o1 (that was the last model year anyway), and also, i already emailed nissan, with no response of course, but im glad someone else thought it was a good idea

Altiman94

^you are right on the prelude date rob.

nlzmo400r

the only thing i disliked about the prelude, was that 9o% of them are 'sportshifts', a friend of mine had a 99, sportshift, and he couldnt pull any better than 16.5 with short ram intake, muffler and spare tire out, not that quick, now the 5spds are knowon to run mid-high 15.s stock, like 15.6 or 15.7. This past weekend i saw an o1 prelude with fresh black paint, and hyperblack rims with a polished lip and a sweet exhauts, it was VERY nice, and go figure, 5spd too!

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”