2003 Pathfinder SE Passenger side speakers not working

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
jammin_tosh
Car: 2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE

So I just picked up my Pathfinder a couple weeks ago. The passenger side speakers (front and rear) were not working except the tweeter was. Took off the door panels and the wiring looks fine, so I went ahead and replaced the head unit (note this is not a bose system so there are no amps) b/c I wanted usb inputs anyway, nothing changed so I bought all new speakers. Needless to say I just put all the new ones in and tested the audio as I put each speaker in and bam all the speakers worked, ones I finished the install jumped back in to dial in the sound and I'd say 30 secs into having the stereo on the passenger side speakers just went silent again???? If anyone has had this problem and knows of a solution could you please help, obviously all the wiring is getting to the speakers, is this some kind of grounding issue or what? Thanks.

Towncivilian
Car: 2001.5 Pathfinder SE 3.5L 2WD A/T
2007 Altima 2.5L CVT
2012 Sentra 2.0L CVT Special
2012 G37 Sedan 7A/T

Welcome to NICO.

Check both the "AUDIO" and "AUDIO AMP" fuses behind the coin tray. I doubt they're blown, but it's easy to rule them out.

The factory service manual does not say anything specific about inoperable speakers - just says to check the speaker itself, the audio unit output, and then the speaker circuit. Are you certain the speaker itself works? Perhaps you can hook up one of the passenger side speakers to the driver's side; that would rule out the wiring I suppose.

jammin_tosh

I just put in brand new speakers so I know they work...b/c I wired in the new ones into the passenger doors turned on the ignition and had sound coming through each, then after I had all the door panels back on I turned on the car and all the speakers were working then 30 seconds into them working the passenger side just stopped working again? So I'm stumped on this.

jammin_tosh

well I just swapped out the 15amp fuse that says audio amp and everythings working again, funny thing is the old one doesn't look blown and I thought that these model Pathys had no amps and were powered completely by the head unit...oh well, thanks for the tip, I guess if it goes out again I know where to look but it maybe something more if it does go out again.

Towncivilian
Car: 2001.5 Pathfinder SE 3.5L 2WD A/T
2007 Altima 2.5L CVT
2012 Sentra 2.0L CVT Special
2012 G37 Sedan 7A/T

The service manual claims the Base system still uses the 15A "audio amp" in addition to the 10A "audio" fuse you'd expect. I'm glad it was something as simple as a fuse! :)

2003 PathGrinder
Car: 2003 Nissan Pathfiner SE R50

So....This is interesting.
-For about a year or so I've been dealing with the right side (front and rear) speakers cutting out, only the morning and when it's colder. When she sits in the sun all day with the windows up while at work, as soon as I get in and turn the radio on all speakers work fine. NOW.....the only speakers that work in the morning and MAYBE after work are my tweeters. I replaced both audio fuses behind coin tray. Nothing. At this point I am cutting my loses and getting a sweet new double din cd player and 4 new speakers from crutchfield. check this out! free wiring harness, mounting kit, and 2 free 6 1/2" speakers if you buy 2. SO....a whole stock audio upgrade for about $190, This is an amazing deal!!! See the link below!
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-BtikBlTu1f ... ml?tp=5684

davidto
Car: no

I just put in brand new speakers so I know they work...b/c I wired in the new ones into the passenger doors turned on the ignition and had sound coming through each, then after I had all the door panels back on I turned on the car and all the speakers were working then 30 seconds into them working the passenger side just stopped working again.

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”