2003 Pathfinder Chilkoot Power Locks & Power window issues

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
beastied
Car: 2003 Nissan Pathfinder Chilkoot

I recently purchased a used 2003 Pathfinder. It's been great with a few exceptions.

1) All windows operate except the front passenger window. Neither the controls on the drivers side door or passenger door will operate that window.

2) My power locks buttons won't work, front drivers side or front passenger side. Strange though, I can lock/unlock using the keyfob.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Something is up with either the control unit, the switches, or the wires in between I think. You can get the FSM from our Service Manuals link at the top of the page. It will have information on where those components are. Most cars I've played with have the control unit in the drivers side door and the wires for all other doors going into that one, so I'd probably start looking there, behind the interior trim panel. Maybe it got messed up during a speaker install or something easy.

Thank goodness for a functional key FOB at least right?

Welcome to NICO!

Kazza
Car: Nissan Pathfinder 2002 LE 4x4

beastied wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:44 pm
I recently purchased a used 2003 Pathfinder. It's been great with a few exceptions.

1) All windows operate except the front passenger window. Neither the controls on the drivers side door or passenger door will operate that window.

2) My power locks buttons won't work, front drivers side or front passenger side. Strange though, I can lock/unlock using the keyfob.

Did you solve this issue in the end beastied?

I have similar issue - passenger side window not working from driver master switch & power door locks dont work on either side but fob works.

I've tested the window switch issue - I'm getting continuity in the wire from driver side to passenger that communicates between the two but when i press up/down on the switch i get no voltage running through it so I'm suspecting the passenger side switch on the driver master is the issue here.

Not sure on the power locks yet though.

Anyone successfully opened the switches up? It looks like the switch box is a sealed unit once you have the actual switch buttons off (black piece)

Cheers!

04pathse
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2008.5 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

Kazza wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:14 am
beastied wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:44 pm

I have similar issue - passenger side window not working from driver master switch & power door locks dont work on either side but fob works.

I've tested the window switch issue - I'm getting continuity in the wire from driver side to passenger that communicates between the two but when i press up/down on the switch i get no voltage running through it so I'm suspecting the passenger side switch on the driver master is the issue here.

Anyone successfully opened the switches up? It looks like the switch box is a sealed unit once you have the actual switch buttons off (black piece)

Cheers!
There are a few used master switches on ebay right now, here is one for $26 shipped
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Driver-Front-D ... Sw17hcxxld

Kazza
Car: Nissan Pathfinder 2002 LE 4x4

04pathse wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:36 pm
Kazza wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:14 am

Cheers!
There are a few used master switches on ebay right now, here is one for $26 shipped
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Driver-Front-D ... Sw17hcxxld
thanks for the heads up 04pathse - im in Canada so i'll probably just try and find one locally.

i done some more testing on the power locks.. my remote lock system works fully and i can lock all doors with the key cyclinder in the rear hatch.. i cannot lock all doors with the master key cyclinder or either Driver or passenger door lock/unlock switch. these 3 circuits all share the common "communication" brown wire back to the SECU (connector 33), along with the operation of the passenger window from the driver side (master) window switch.I'm getting continuity in the wiring but no voltage running through here when operating the switches. So i guess things are definitely pointing towards the driver door switch being faulty here. However, i figured the passenger door lock/unlock button would still function as it looks like it doesn't run through the driver side door switch from the fsm diagram. Surely both driver and passenger switches aren't wacked?

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”