2003 M45 Transmission issue, new member

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
ire32
Car: 2003 M45

I am new to this forum. I recently purchased a 2003 M45. I have noticed that there is what seems to be a lag in acceleration. Is anyone aware of transmission problems with this model. Maybe a TSB on it or model using the same engine/tranny setup?

Any information would be appreciated.

Ire32

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

ire32 wrote:I am new to this forum. I recently purchased a 2003 M45. I have noticed that there is what seems to be a lag in acceleration. Is anyone aware of transmission problems with this model. Maybe a TSB on it or model using the same engine/tranny setup?

Any information would be appreciated.

Ire32
Welcome to NICO!

Yes, three suggestions. First is that the car has a learning mode and the transmission will learn (in about 15 minutes or so) how you want it to behave. You can also try a reset of the transmission TCU to force a re-learn - there are threads here that talk about how to do that.

Second, if you want immediacy of reponse, turn off the VDC when you want to trash other cars! The car responds way quicker!

Finally, there is indeed a TSB for reprograming the 2003 (and 2004 too, I think) transmission TCU - some of the early M45's also had problems with a related part (the TPS sensor, as I think I recall) that was swapped out as part of the TSB. The dealer can help you get that done - it should easily be covered under the warranty.

Z

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Z... did you have that done on your M?

szh

elwesso wrote:Z... did you have that done on your M?
Yes. The dealer did it (under warranty, of course) and made sure that they did everything mentioned in the TSB except for one section that requires a replacement of some other part (I don't remember the specific part number) that has error codes under certain conditions. I did not need that part of the TSB since it "wasn't broke"! I did get the TPS sensor replaced.

Z

ire32
Car: 2003 M45

I spoke with the dealer and they are going to reprogram the TCU under the TSB. However, I was wondering how I could get a copy of the TSB. Anyone know? I would like to make sure they do everything mentioned in the TSB.

Thank you for the info.

szh

ire32 wrote:I spoke with the dealer and they are going to reprogram the TCU under the TSB. However, I was wondering how I could get a copy of the TSB. Anyone know? I would like to make sure they do everything mentioned in the TSB.

Thank you for the info.
I will see if I can find my copy ... however, please note that the entire service manual and all the TSB's can be found at http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/infiniti. If you have a high-speed Internet connection, you can download all the stuff you need for the cost of a 24-hour login session for $20 or so (see the Online Subscription link.)

Z

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”