2003 M45 ICC Radar Module Inoperable

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
pm59723
Car: 2003 Infiniti M45

Hey everyone,

So I recently came into possession of an m45 that had an abs fault that I've since fixed. Thought that was the cause of the no-cruise status, but it still isn't working. Gives me codes 20 (CAN bus) and 103 (ICC Sensor Fail)...most of the time. I took it to a shop and they verified the module is getting comms and voltage, so I guess it's the module.

Anyone know if I can get this thing rebuilt or do I need to roll the dice on a yard part?

Thanks!

EdBwoy

pm59723 wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:35 am
Anyone know if I can get this thing rebuilt or do I need to roll the dice on a yard part?

Thanks!
I would take option 2 and find a reputable seller on eBay. I like them for such things whereby buyer protection would be quite important.

Yours might have a different part number, but you can search for 28437-CR900, 28437-CR920 or even 28437-CR92A.

I found one on eBay, and I would make an offer for it, then try to get the old one repaired.
Screenshot_20220810-010528-212.png

pm59723

I took your advice and bought one on the bay. Works great! But unfortunately the old one appears beyond repair. I cracked it open after swapping modules and it was the most corroded piece of electronics I've ever laid eyes on :/

EdBwoy

Thanks for the update. I am glad the replacement worked out for you.
I wonder what kind.of adventures your original unit went through, haha. It's right at the front of the car so it's designed to take a lot of incidental water exposure.

For anyone else looking through in the future, to the best of my knowledge, replacing an intelligent cruise sensor/module is typically a bolt in, plug in affair and does not necessarily need reprogramming...as long as it has not been tampered with.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

EdBwoy wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:02 pm
For anyone else looking through in the future, to the best of my knowledge, replacing an intelligent cruise sensor/module is typically a bolt in, plug in affair and does not necessarily need reprogramming...as long as it has not been tampered with.
Only if it's a used one. To my knowledge all new ones need an initial aiming. It's possible some early units didn't (as y'all know, I'm a Nissan guy and not Infiniti), but Nissan has had them since '16 and those all need calibration, regardless of whether they're Bosch or Continental.

EdBwoy

Yes! Very important clarification.
I should not assume that everyone would be buying used.

cbird805
1995 Infiniti Q45 Base
(prev) 1994 Infiniti Q45 Base

A common issue with eth ICC sensor was they get damaged due to people driving through puddles. The sensor sits pretty low in the front lower grill opening, off center to the right. ACS section of the FSM has a self check procedure for the ICC system:

Go to operation check after asking the customer for symptom information. Refer to ACS-38, "ACTION
TEST" .
2. Stop the vehicle to start the self-diagnosis.
3. Turn ignition switch OFF.
4. Turn ignition switch ON, and within 5 to 10 seconds, press
ACCELERATE/RESUME switch 5 times. Then press COAST/
SET switch 5 times to start self-diagnosis.
CAUTION:
● Do not start the engine.
● Do not turn the ON/OFF switch ON.
● When operation above is not completed within 5 to 10
seconds, start again from above go to 3.
● If self-diagnosis mode cannot be start after several
attempts, the ICC unit may have had malfunction. Repair
or replace it. Refer to ACS-66, "SELF-DIAGNOSIS BY ICC
SYSTEM DISPLAY WILL NOT RUN" .
5. When self-diagnosis mode is started, DTCs are shown on set vehicle speed indicator.
. Check ACS-68, "Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Chart" , and repair or replace if necessary.
7. After repair, erase DTCs stored in the ICC unit.
8. DTC 55 will be shown.
9. Turn ignition switch OFF to exit the diagnosis.
10. Perform ICC system running test (drive vehicle with ICC system ON), and make sure that ICC warning
lamp does not illuminate.
Self-Diagnostic Erasing Method
1. Stop the vehicle and turn the ignition switch OFF.
2. Turn ignition switch ON and start self-diagnosis.
3. During self-diagnosis mode, press CANCEL switch 5 times, and DISTANCE switch 5 times in this order.
CAUTION:
● Press them within 10 seconds after pressing CANCEL switch at first.
● When operation is not completed within 10 seconds, start again from above go to 2.
4. DTC 55 will be shown.
CAUTION:
DTCs of an existing malfunction will not be erased.
5. Turn ignition switch OFF to exit the diagnosis

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”