2003 Infiniti Q45 taillights not working.

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
vito_petrenko
Car: 2003 Infiniti Q45

Good Day everyone,

I am the recent proud owner of a 2003 Infiniti Q45 that I scooped up for $2600. The car had some issues, a majority of which I have fixed over the last couple weeks. However, I currently have an issue where my taillights are not working.

When I first got the car, the brake lights were permanently stuck on. I checked my brake pedal and saw that I was missing the rubber stopper that goes into the pedal and activates the brake light switch. I also checked my taillights and saw that someone prior to me had attempted to reattach wires to the bulb holder. I ended up grabbing two taillights from pull a part and swapping them into the car. I also installed four new bulbs for the taillights and brake lights. Now, any time I turn my headlights on, my taillights do not turn on. My turn signals, reverse lights, and brake lights all work. What can I check in order to figure out why my taillights are not working?

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

:welcome: to NICO!

If you haven't downloaded or checked your factory service manual, I would do that - available at www.infinitiservicemanual.com

(actually, that doesn't seem to be working at the moment, at least for me. I'll do some checking)

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The wiring diagram is on LT-74 here:
https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... 3%2Flt.pdf

Do the front parking lights and plate lights work? If all are out, fuse 54 under the hood is probably blown or the Tail Lamp Relay is bad. If the fronts are lit but the plate lamps are also out, there has to be a wiring issue in between the fusebox and the lights in the rear. It has to be the Red/Yellow supply wire, it can't be grounds because those are shared with other lamps in the rear.

fontana dan
Car: 1997 Infiniti Q45

Check for voltage at tail light connectors as well as fuse 54.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”