2003 Infiniti M45 Custom Grill

NICO's V.I.P. styling forum.
jadeM45
Car: Pending

Working on redoing my grill to remove the Infiniti logo and customizing it. Its rough right now and I need to do some more sanding to get it ready to paint. I will be painting the insides black, leaving the mesh silver and the slats a flat silver/gunmetal.

Here is the article on the process so far.

http://www.jadecrew.com/2003-infiniti-m45-custom-grill
Last edited by jadeM45 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

jadeM45

I am almost done, I just have a few pin holes to fix, a little bit of shaping in the middle center and to prime and sand one last time.

I am trying to decide on what to paint the interior. I know I want to paint the front of the slats a silver/gunmetal.
I want to paint the insides black but I am not sure if I want to do it flat black, gloss black or plastidip (looks like factory abs plastic).

jltibbs
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa SL
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

I think it looks great! I would just do flat black on the insides, so not to draw the attention away from the grill itself. Just my thoughts on it.

jadeM45

Well I am almost done now. I have to wet sand and repaint the front slats since some some of my lines are not 100% straight and there are some imperfections in the paint. I went with satin black for the insides and a silver that kind of matches the silver in the headlights.

Overall I like the look of the grill a lot. I am probably the only person critical enough to see the imperfections but it bothers me. It was hard to paint in my neighborhood since its so windy and blowing dust around. I wish I had a clean environment to work in, things would have been so much easier and faster.

http://www.jadecrew.com/2003-infiniti-m45-custom-grill/

jltibbs
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa SL
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

Well thought out, planned, and executed. I like.

jadeM45

I got some 3m Dino Dry carbon fiber look vinyl to redo my wood and decided to thrown it on the flat part of the slats on the grill. It covers any slight imperfections I had my paint work. If I would have planed this ahead of time I could have spent alot less time worrying about the prep.

hatedinthemind
Car: S13 Coupe, Subaru Forester

Pretty sick bro :dblthumb:

Return to “VIP Forum”