2003 G35 Sedan ECU/Chip?

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
twineteer
Car: G35 Sedan

Hi all. I have a G35 Sedan and have been getting a code of P0011 lately and a local mech and I tried to correct by changing the oil and adding Sea foam to the new oil to help clean the injectors and sylanoid to get rid of the build up which may have caused the problem. Well I did that about 940 miles ago and I got the check engine light last night. Now a friend of mine who I talked to about this (he has an Audi A4) said that I may have a chip in my ECU that will cause me to have a check engine light? Well I took apart the glove box and looked around for a sticker or something different to show me that there is a Chip in the ECU, but I have found nothing? Has this ever happend to anyone or can anyone direct me to a site or person to see if there is a way I can test to see if there is a chip in my ECU? Thanks!

tollboothwilley
Car: 2003 G35 Sedan w/ NAV

No, I've not heard of any chips for the ECU. There are things that allow you to flash the ECU but i'm not aware of any chips.

Go to checker and use their code reader.

I'm sure someone else has had this code....you can do a search as well

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”