2003 G35 Rear Trunk Lid Badges

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
theTony
Car: umm.....Cars??

Just recently, I noticed some differences in how the Infiniti emblems and badges appear on some 2003 sedans. On the (I guess) earlier models, the emblem and "INFINITI" are both smaller and look to be located on a "gas-door-like" handle. Others I have noticed the emblem being much bigger, the letters that spell out "INFINITI" are more spaced out, and there is no "gas door". (I know this is not a gas door, but I think it looks like one). I persoanlly like the newer version much better than the original.

At first I thought it was a difference between 2003 and 2004 models, but I have since discovered that is not the case. Anyone have any information on the change? Were there any other changes on the car mid-year besides this? When exactly did they start making them different?

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

I believe that it was really the only physical change from 03 to 03.5. I'm not sure the reason for the change other than asthetic purposes.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

rydwhite wrote:I believe that it was really the only physical change from 03 to 03.5. I'm not sure the reason for the change other than asthetic purposes.
Yes it was part of the change from 2003 to 2003.5.Otehr changes included a slight changes to reduce the possibility of rattles and a couple others that I forgot.

Fred..

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”