2003 350z Dies While Driving

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
graceindesign
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z

I have a 2003 Nissan 350Z touring edition (I'm assuming that cause of the leather seats and the FairladyZ centered badged emblem). My love has 135K but the motor was replaced a few months ago with a 85K engine. I've had no problem since the newish motor was install until now (which I don't think is a engine issue). Out of the blue my car dies while starting and while operating. I read on websites that it is most likely the Camshaft Position Sensors and the Crankshaft Position Sensor. I bought all 3 sensors just to make sure. However, I can't find where the Bank 1 (right sensor) is and I get mixed feedback on where the Bank 2 (left sensor)...is it located at the back of the engine or on the transmission? Does anyone have a diagram or video to tell me where the locations of the Camshaft Position Sensors are? I know swamping them out is fairly easy but where the F is it?! Please help!!!

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

You can find out the trim level of your car by entering the VIN # here http://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Nissan/350Z Many cars got dealer installed leather, none had a fairlady badge, that would be aftermarket.

The #1 cylinder is the one positioned furthest forward, which is the passenger side making the passenger side bank 1. As for left and right sensors, Exhaust cam sensor left and intake is right on bank 1, On bank 2 (drivers side) intake cam is left sensor, and exhaust is right sensor. I don't know why they don't just call them "bank 1, Intake" and "bank 1 exhaust". Hope that clears things up.

graceindesign
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z

I followed the link and sure enough it's the Touring Package. The FairladyZ centered badged emblem was for the first year of the Z revival and it is also known as the special edition. My last car was a 1996 Nissan 300ZX which was the last year the 300ZX was made. The next Z car was the 350Z and 2003 was first year of release so the centered emblem was a homage to the Z line and to my knowledge the only year it was offered. I figured out where all the sensors were and fairly easy to remove minus Bank 1 side since the harness terminal won't release the old sensor. I thought about cutting the green harness terminal and grabbing a new harness terminal and splicing them together but guess what?! That is not an option since you have to buy the whole wiring assembly from the dealer. Another option is to try to find it in the junk yard. Gawd...I love and hate my care at the same time.

Davidwest007
Car: 2004 Nissan Maxima SL
2003 Nissan 350Z Touring

I've had a 2003 350Z Touring that I ordered in February 2002 before they were shipping them to the U.S. and which was finally delivered on October 26, 2002. It does not have a FairladyZ emblem. Never did. I've also never seen one of these emblem in the U.S. on a 350Z.

The FairladyZ emblem was used for the Japanese Domestic market, not U.S.

Touring came with 5-speed A/T, Leather, 17" 7 spoke wheels as standard. It also came with HID lights and a Bose stereo. One of the first recalls was to replace the Bose amp that over amplified the base and made the whole system sound muddy. One of the few options that one could get was Navigation...for about $2,000 more.

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”