2003 350z 6MT crankcs but won't start, Has Spark

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
AlnNg
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z Track 6MT
1977 Datsun 620
2013 Nissan Altima S

Hi all, I am in a pickle. Tried a lot things on the interweb to figure it out and the only thing left to do is blow up the car.... only joking.

Anyways, My 2003 350z track 6MT was garaged for several months, Every weekend or so i started the car no problem and drove it around the block.This year I went traveling for 2 months and when i came back the car started up and then slowly started dying.

The vehicle does have fuel. The interior light and headlights works without any issues and does not dim when i turn the key. I check the battery which is good and its Not throwing any Codes that i can look at.

I checked all the fuses with a multi-meter and they were all good as well. Decide to take the starter out to just check and went to auto zone and they tested it bad. So i got a new one and installed it. But it still has the same issues.

I was skeptical about their testing but gave them the benefit of the doubt. Though now i can say the starter is not the problem. spark plugs does give out spark. And just a moment ago I sprayed some starter fluid into the TB and the car started up momentarily and then died.

so wouldn't that mean engine is not getting any fuel?
i switched the fuel pump relay fuse with the A/C relay with no change

I was also wondering is their a way to test if fuel in getting to the engine? I was thinking maybe the lines got clogged by possible old gas/sludge.

The next thing i was thing was going to do was maybe look at the fuel pump, Although i do hear it every time i turn the ignition on.

Could it be the crank shaft position sensor?
Anyways thank you for any kind of assistance, I really do appreciate it.

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

Sorry a problem brought you here, and I'm doubly sorry I'm just now getting to this. In any case, we're glad you're here!
AlnNg wrote:so wouldn't that mean engine is not getting any fuel?
That would absolutely be my first guess.
AlnNg wrote:I was also wondering is their a way to test if fuel in getting to the engine? I was thinking maybe the lines got clogged by possible old gas/sludge.
And this would be my guess as to why you're not getting any fuel.

We've got a pretty extensive Factory Service Manual (FSM) library here, you might run through their troubleshooting procedures just in case you might have overlooked something, but I'm thinking you're on the right track. Keep us posted on what you find out, it might help someone else further on down the line - all of us together are smarter than one of us alone. NICOclub FSM Library

Welcome to NICO! :badger

ArmedAviator
Car: 2012 M37x

Use a spare wire and apply voltage to the fuel pump with everything else off. Does it run?

Do these cars have in-line fuel filters? Disconnect a fitting and see if fuel dragons out. Be careful as it may be pressurized.

I'd suspect a failed pump or circuit over clogged lines.

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”