2002 Quest - Steps to replace Left Rear motor mount

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
abehil
Car: 2002 Nissan Quest
2008 Nissan Versa

I need someone to outline the steps to replacing the left rear motor mount. I have replaced the front and the rear right but this other one looks more mysterious.
I believe the part number of the mount is 8706X.
Thanks

ricebike
Car: 1989 240sx se 5spd (donated to my brother in law)
2002 Quest
2005 Altima

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Quest/2002_Quest/em.pdf

you're talking about the one by the transmission?

EM-44 and EM-45 i don't think you need to do all those steps since you're just R&R the mount...

but from other parts of teh internetz:

Those two on the driver's side. One is called Transmission mount which it holds the transmission to the main frame. This is a pain on the butt. Space is very limited. The bottom one requires taking out the transaxle off before you have the space to install. The top (trans-mount) is easy by taking the some of the upper parts out first.

abehil
Car: 2002 Nissan Quest
2008 Nissan Versa

Yep, that's kind of what I meant by mysterious. Seeing the exploded view of the engine parts doesn't show me how to safely replace the motor mount. "taking the some of the upper parts out first" - Really??

With the RF and RR I had to jack up the engine using a board under the oil pan. The step by step instructions for those said to do it that way. I'm not a mechanic and I don't have a lift. I'd rather not be under my car on jack stands just trying to figure it out; there isn't room under there to get many different angles of view at the situation.

ricebike
Car: 1989 240sx se 5spd (donated to my brother in law)
2002 Quest
2005 Altima

yea, sorry about that... i tried to look it up on teh internets for you...

the front trans mount can be replaced from above, removing the battery and intake parts i guess, while the rear one has to be attacked from below... i don't have to do them on my vehicle yet (will check in the spring)

yea, i saw the youtube vid for the passenger side, with the crossmember

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ_EQ35tb0o

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in hindsight, the ones that need frequent replacement of these mounts are the drivers who doesn't use the parking brake to hold the vehicle's weight... i step on the parking brake, shift to N just to be sure there's no stress on the mounts, then move the shifter to P

Return to “Quest Forum”