2002 Q45 Window switch connector

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
F50Enthusiast
Car: 2002 Infiniti Q45

Anyone here ever had to disconnect the connector underneath the window switch on the driver door? I've been poking around for a while and I can't figure out where exactly I need to apply pressure to take it out without breaking something. I would appreciate it extremely if someone one draw an arrow to where you need to apply pressure on my picture of the connector below and send it back to me.

https://imgur.com/gallery/nzHpWCG

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

You push down on the tab while pulling the connector out. From the marks it appears you've been pushing in the right spot, which implies either the latch pawl is broken or one of the contact pin pairs has welded together.

Q45 Connector.jpg

F50Enthusiast
Car: 2002 Infiniti Q45

VStar650CL wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:14 am
You push down on the tab while pulling the connector out. From the marks it appears you've been pushing in the right spot, which implies either the latch pawl is broken or one of the contact pin pairs has welded together.

Q45 Connector.jpg
I appreciate the input. You were right about where to apply pressure. I finally got the bastard out after spending an hour on it. I knew I was applying pressure in the right place, you just have to approach it a certain way and with a good amount of force . For anyone that ever has to do this in the future. Position your screwdriver like I have in the pic below, in between the space above the tab(i marked the tab with a little red arrow), and push inwards and downwards:

https://imgur.com/gallery/HcNUr3v

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Glad you got it loose, but you shouldn't need to push behind the tab like that. If none of the pins were crudded in, then the latch on that connector is damaged.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”