2002 Q45 Left windshield fluid sprayer not working

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
LeoQ45
Car: 2002 Q45

Hi,

My 2002 Q45 left windshield fluid sprayer stops working. The right side still works. I could not find the hose without removing the cover under these sprayers. Does anyone had similar problem before and was able to fix it DIY.

Thanks,

Leo

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

Hi there and welcome, Unfortunately since one side is working and the other is not your problem will be between the left wiper arm and the Y connector at the right arm. You will have to remove the cowl to access the hoses and asses the damage.

Razi
Car: Moo

Look at it closely, maybe it's plugged up.Then a small toothpick might fix it, or a Q-tip.

thewarden74
Car: 2002 Infiniti Q45 Base model

I have the same issue but it is the passenger side that is not spraying... is it difficult to remove the "cowl" ?

Skibane
Car: 2000 Q45 AE 110K

Before you remove anything, use a sewing needle to re-open your clogged nozzle a little bit.

Next, temporarily drain the washer fluid reservoir, replacing the fluid with vinegar.

Run the washer pump until you get a little stream of vinegar coming out the clogged nozzle, and then let it sit for a while, allowing the vinegar time to finish dissolving the clog.

Replace the vinegar in the reservoir with washer fluid, and you're done.

BTW, hard water is hell on washer fluid nozzles. If you aren't using washer fluid, try to at least avoid using tap water - Distilled water is fine.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”