2002 Pathfinder HVAC (BLOWER) FAN ONLY WORKS ON SPEED 4

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
2002Issues

Evening All, I think I've narrowed it down to the HVAC motor based on a TSB (03057) but my question is: I want to change this myself as the dealer is prepared to bend me over. Can anyone provide any details in regards to what else is needed aside from the motor? I found a link that indicates the fan motor and amp kit needs to be replaced. I know where the fan motor is and appears to be easily accessible but I am not familiar with the amp kit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, JE

http://www.nissanhelp.com/Owne...7.htm

Zilverado
Car: 1992 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4wd

I am not familiar with what an "amp kit" (I assume that's short for "amplifier") is - my Pathy uses a resistor to control fan speed.

Based on what the TSB talks about, I assume the blower motor and the amp kit may even be attached to each other, since they have one part number and are installed as a set. Again, the resistor on mine is mounted right near the blower motor - on the side of the housing. I assume yours may be similar.

If you go ahead and get the parts, this may explain itself better. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

There is a blower resisotr that is also known as the amplifier, basically its what tells the fan what speed its actually going at...

I think thats more liekly the problem but maybe not.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”