2002 Maxima Se

Discuss topics related to the VQ series engine.
s13orlando
Car: 1991 240sx

Hey,Has anyone purchased and installed the Injen CAI for their 2002?Injen only shows a picture of the cai. RD1940http://www.injen.com/nissan.html

http://www.nissanperformancema...tima/AEM makes a cold air intake for the VQ35DE in the Altima.

They DYNO'ed it an got a 7 HP increase and here's what else they said"Then we hit a nice clear stretch of road and at 5,000 RPM the resonance of the CAI sounded like an F1 car. In fact we found that the sound is quite loud and is similar to noise from a throaty full bolt on exhaust. "...WOW I own a car that could sound like a Formula 1 car ! yeah right..I believe that one..

theTony
Car: umm.....Cars??

The Injen CAI is on my list of mods to get for mine. From what I can tell it's a pretty easy install. I am work now, but I have a link saved on my PC at home of a guy with a 2002 SE that installed it and has pictures. I'll post up the link when I get home sometime tonight. Formula 1 sounding? Ummmm, sure. lol

MrEous

If you ever get a chance to get on that dead forum (in the DNE section at the bottom of the forum page) you will see someone by the name of "t56gen3"...he has an Injen.

Looks really nice in person too...and yes, it does scream. But so does my 4th gen after I put a pop charger on. The stock intake system has 'silencers' on it that keep it from screaming. If I go WOT on my 4th gen people look over to see what kind of car is next to them and are surprised.

theTony
Car: umm.....Cars??

http://www.greghome.com/Greg's%20Garage ... oldAir.htm

Ha! Here's the link I said I would post about the Injen CAI install from a week ago! Doh!

MrEous

It definitely doesn't sound like an Indy car though.

nlzmo400r
Car: cars

that was a very good write up, seems simple, i think i may do this on my altima if they have a kit as simple as that, i am worried about voiding warranty's and such, but if it can be returned to stock, then theres nothing to worry aobut, whenever i go to nissan, put hte stocker back on, but the CAI wont mess up any measurements or anything of hte MAF?

Altiman94
Car: Paintball, cars, outdoor sports

CAI is easy to install on any car. I've done it on cars varying from my altima to a friend's 4th gen vtec prelude to a 2nd gen non-vtec integra. It's all straight forward.

nlzmo400r
Car: cars

i think i mite look into it, i know most people do injen, and all seem to have their ups and downs, and i have comparos on them and such, so i think i mite do that in the near future, any major things to look out for?

Return to “VQ30DE / VQ35DE / VQ35HR Forum”