2002-2006 throttle blades loose??

General discussion area for the L31-chassis Altima, including the 05-06 SE-R models.
BUCKWILL
Car: 2002 nissan altima 4 dr 2.5S auto

hi new guy here,, i just wanted to let u guys know,warning about throttle blades on the lower manifold of the 2.5 motors, and maebbe other engines also,, i just bought a older ladies sunday driver,, supposed to be good,, blown head gasket?? well let me tell you, driven 2 times over 200 hundred miles per incident in second gear, paint burned off the tranny, cat converter crumbled, so far my bragain is turning out not to be a bargain, new-ish jdm engine and tranny, new cat, new battery, tires etc, etc, now down to throttle blades, when i took off the manifold to put on new jdm engine, i saw a missing throttle blade number one,, it was inside the head,, it had fallen off,, how did it drive like that?? it had run long enough to peen the edges round like the ridges on a quarter,, i went to my favorite shopping place, pick a part for another throttle manifold,, guess what , three of the throttle blades were loose,, the screws had backed off,, on the way out i saw another manifold, on a whim i ticked the blades with my thumb,, three of them were loose also,, a nissan tech said that was a common fault with these engines,, so if u have any reason to split the fuel injection manifold, i suggest u doo what i did and clean the screws and screw holes with brake or carb cleaner an set them with threadlocker,, just another tip from your old uncle buck,,, good luck

Return to “3rd Generation Altima Sedan (2002-2006)”