20014-15 Versa Note recall

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
txchamps
Car: 2015 Versa Note SV, 2023 Kia Rio S

Just got my notice for recall. Seems that the center console trim panel has been catching the driver's foot and "may affect the transition from the acclerator pedal to the brake pedal". Gotta be the weirdest recall I have heard of. But I only wear a 9 1/2 size shoe, so other folks with larger feet may be affected.

Has anybody experienced this? I tried to get my foot caught and couldn't make it happen.

Anyway, Nissan will trim the driver's side center console lower trim panel for ya.

Do you think I should get it done even though I have not experienced this problem?

txchamps

Took a quick look at both my Versas. The 2014 Note's trim panel extends toward the gas pedal perhaps 1 1/2 inches further than my 2015 sedan, but it is absolutely flush to the floor. It is possible that other Notes have inferior fit and finish at that point and the panel could easily bend and stick out from the floor. I can see how it could cause a problem. Obviously, Nissan had rethought it by the time they built my sedan.

crashedowner
Car: Nissan Versa Note 2014

Yes get it done!! I wear a 11 size shoe my foot got caught and I rear ended a guy. Could not get to the break. It is not just about the size of your foot but also the type show you wear

txchamps

I did. Thanks, and sorry about your accident.

Return to “Versa General Chat”