2001 Sentra 2.0 Computer swap

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
50 Clodstomper
Car: 2001 Nissan Sentra SE 2.0 L

I've come to the conclusion my computer is shot on my 2001 Sentra, I am looking to replace it with a salvage computer. The computer has the part number MEC22-530 A1 0830 . My question is do I have to have the computer programmed or can I just swap them ? I dont believe the keys are chipped. Any help would be appreciated

50 Clodstomper
Car: 2001 Nissan Sentra SE 2.0 L

Also the last four numbers don't match does that matter ?

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

I'd be more than sure you know for certain the ECM is shot, they typically are NOT the trouble but way too many people go there to get burned.

I used to sell them, and believe me, 90% of the people who bought new ones brought them back saying they did not cure the problem. Why we had to start instilling return charges on every one of them. Most have to be reflashed now to the custom specs of that car too and that did not get refunded either, and why the sellers had to do that, they simply otherwise could not provide that service to the public with incompetent returns like that.

Far more than most ECM perceived problems have nothing to do with the ECM whatsoever.

Now, of course it can always be one even though rare and even more so if the person working on car is testing electrics by sending power into the ECM to fault it, that's death. Even a voltmeter can blow one out if you probe the wrong pins there.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”