2001 QX4 owner new to the fourm...a few questions...

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
plmont
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4

Hi All,

I just purchased a 2001 QX4 w/ 45K miles and am new to the forum. I do all the maintenance on my vehicles (also own a '97 Saab 900 SETC and '97 Land Cruiser, both with over 120K miles). I just purchased the FSM and parts list and will be performng the 45K mile scheduled maintenance when my genuine parts arrive.

I already converted to M-1 in the crankcase and will convert all other fluids to M-1 brand over the next few weekend. Are there any tips or potential parts failures I should be aware of? I did a lot of research on mid-size SUVs and found the QX4 to have the highest reliability rating, but even so, there usually are a few preventive things to look out for (for example: my Saab is very reliable, but one of the idler pulleys is notorious for failing every 40K miles or so...and the Land Cruiser has a very short "pesky" heater hose that must be replaced every 100k miles or so). Usually, there is something drivetrain related in a 4WD that those in the know attend to.

Thanks for the input.

Paul

plmont

Surely someone in this forum must have enough tech experience with these vehicles to provide some "inside information".

AuburnRyan
Car: '93 Hatch

Carful with the M-1: there are some Nissan Differentials which are not compatible with Mobil1 - though I don't know if the Pathfinder/QX4 is one of them...my experience is with the 240sx...might try to search - perhaps pathfinder and Mobil1?

plmont

Thanks for the input. Does the compatibility problem have to do with leaks forming at the seals (which is common in higher mile vehicles switching from dino to synthetic) or internal wear?

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”