2001 Q45/Y33 Camber adjustment

Got questions about your Infiniti? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
jrichardson

Front tires (and the rear also) are being eaten by the camber monster. Inside of tires is wearing while the rest of the tire is fine. Had it aligned months ago, and then checked again last week. Shop said they couldn't adjust the camber. So I guess this means that something in my front/rear is bent? :gotme Is there another way that I could adjust the camber with a aftermarket slotted bolt or something in the strut? The suspension is stock.

Thanks,

JR

Q45tech
Car: 1990 Q45 342,400 miles 22 years ownership with original engine
1995 G20t 5 speed 334,000 miles 16" 2002 wheels - 205/50/16 Sr20ve vvl

What are camber readings with your weight in drivers seat?

Many tires are not of the quality to meet oem specs, especially edge reinforcement. If the tire doesn't say Michelin common occurence.

jrichardson

Hmmm, I cannot find the specs now. I guessing your question revolves around the degree of tolerances that I am out of spec...if it's so bad, I may have something bent in there, right?

The tires that I have been wearing actually have Michelin written on the side of them (one of the reasons why I'm crying so much because the price of those things...and I'm not getting the wear out of them that I should).

I know on my teens old 91 lexus that I am going to be purchasing a 'camber' bolt for it. It seems to be a 'cam' bolt where it moves the strut a degree or two. Does the Y33 have anything like that which can be installed?

Return to “Infiniti Online Mechanic”