2001 Pathfinder -Replacing MAF

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
PATHYEXCAL

Hello. I am about to replace the last part en route to hopefully a successful Inspection. Already replaced Intake Timing Sensor and an O2 sensor and now possible replacing the MAF. 2 questions. One, I replaced the air filter, reset the codes, and still got the CEL within 10 miles, Code 0171, which from what I read refers to the MAF. Based on the Haynes manual, the MAF seems to be within specs,after a diagnostic check. Is there anything else I can check or visibly see in looking at the MAF that might give me a clue. The hoses around it all look in great shape, so I don't think its holes. Also, if I do need to replace the MAF, how easy it is to remove the MAF, seems easy to get to, just not sure if their is glue or epoxy that is used in addition to the bolts and the band that are already used? Thanks.

amb4081
Car: 2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4x4

I just replaced mine. I removed the mounting bolts for the air filter housing as well to give more room pulling the MAF out of the flexible intake hose. It's not too difficult at all. Just to warn you, there are 4 bolts that mount the MAF to the air filter housing. The lower bolt, closest to the middle of the engine bay is somewhat difficult to remove and reinstall, only because of such close quarters. Have fun!

Transtek
Car: 2001 Nissan Pathfinder

Hi, I'm having problems with my 2001 Pathy, as it stalls on idle when the engine gets up to running temperature. Now a SES has popped up, but I was wondering if you could tell me what symptoms you had before, like stalling or the engine suddenly hunting?Thanks in advance

jliaou

I think I am the first to figure this problem out. About 1.5 years ago I ran into funny problem codes and this same stalling problem. I took it in 3 times to the same Nissan Dealership and they couldnt' figure it out. They kept giving me new "fixes" to try. I finally took it to an independent repair place and the guy figured it out. The Turbine Revolution Sensor on top of your Transmission is probably faulty and is leaking tranny fluid through it. Because of this leak, you will probably get funny problem codes down the road here. The tranny fluid flowd down the wiring harness of this sensor into a whole host of other harnesses, triggering Intake sensor issues, O2 sensor issues, etc. The stalling is due to the low transmission fluid. Check your tranny fluid. If it's low, then fill it up. Your problem should go away. Good luck. Let me know if this fixes the problem. BTW, the metal housing blocks the visibility of the tranny fluid on the ground until the leak gets severe, like mine did. Good luck and please repost to let me know.

~Blessings.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”