2001 Maxima SE Speed Limiter Circumvention?

Discuss topics related to the VQ series engine.
rcollette

Just had fun last night going against a 3000GT. Got the car up to 130 and hit the wall. Plenty of room left on the tach though and the car just felt fine and smooth doing it. With the speedo going up to 160, you have to imagine there's some way to get it up there.

Was disappointed I didn't get to see the real result. He would pull a car length ahead and then fall back. Not sure if he was taunting or hitting his own limit as well. Eventually he just fell off and I kept it going that way for a few more minutes.

Anybody know how to circumvent this limiter without messing up normal performance?

jmeister
Car: 1998 Maxima SE

No idea, didn't realize the 5th gen SE had a limiter. I know mine doesn't

nismo1219
Car: '12 Nissan Altima 3.5SR
'99 Nissan Maxima GLE

dude, hows that emanage? ive been doing some serious planning about getting one of those and am just curious to know if its actually worth spending the $500 + install?? do you actually notice/feel a difference? ive got just about every bolt-on performance mod available for a 4th gen but if i understand correctly, im not getting the FULL potential from the mods until i reprogram/piggyback the computer to "realize" they are there. is this correct?? plus, im mostly concern with either raising or even better - eliminating, the speed limiter. basically id appreciate any or as much info as you can give me! thanks in advance!!

brianw
Car: 4-doors, 5-speeds...

What options are on your SE? IIRC the 5th gen SE's with the M/T are not limited, although I have seen two 5th gen SE autos that were governed at 130mph.

IIRC back in the day, wiring up the Techcom MDM-100 could bypass the speed limiter, but I haven't seen any MDM-100's for sale in a few YEARS...

Return to “VQ30DE / VQ35DE / VQ35HR Forum”