2001 Infiniti QX4 Replacing speakers

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
S0AR
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4

So I purchased a new set of speakers for my car, assuming that it wasn't going to be a big deal to swap them out. But of course, someone along the design process decided to install the most retarded and complicated speaker set up because "luxury". So here I am. I've purchased a pair of pioneer component speakers and I'm a bit confused what wires to hook up to the crossover. I want to use the stock head unit and retarded in door amps, so from what I can tell I need to connect the wires that go to the stock indoor woofer to my crossover, and then run wire from my crossover to the new tweeter and woofer, correct?

If I connect the wires coming from the head unit I would be getting pre-amp outputs and that's no good for blowing out my ear drums. The only thing I'm worried about is is there a crossover already installed in the door amp, or is the crossover installed on the stock speaker? An already crossovered woofer connection connected to my crossover would essentially render the new tweeters useless, right?

S0AR

Right so I've had a think about my problem and if it actually does have a crossover I can just use the factory wiring and not even install my crossover. Useless thread is useless.

atraudes
Car: 2001.5 Infiniti QX4 4WD

If it makes you feel any better, the goofy Bose setup is in the Pathfinders too, not just the QX4s. If it ends up not sounding good enough, you'll probably want to consider kiboshing the stereo and amps too. Nobody here is too fond of them. Let us know how it works out, regardless!

:luck:

S0AR

Yeah the more I read about it the more I'm convinced that it's not going to work with the factory set up. I think I'm just going to go full aftermarket which blows because I don't have enough time to do that until summer. :facepalm: oh well.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”