2001 altima pcv removal help

General discussion area for the L30-chassis Altima
doctah-jay
Car: 1990 240sx/1992 ka24de motor

Like the title says im trying to remove the pcv valve out of a 2001 altima. iv looked up a few things and every single way to take this thing out is either from the bottom where you need to remove the power steering pump/hoses, or from the top where the entire intake manifold needs to be taken off. I was wondering if anyone has done this removal and found maybe a easier or less meticulous way to remove this thing. i found one video where someone took it out from the top but taking out the thermostat only but i have no idea how he was able to take the clamps off or fit his hands in that small space. Any help would be much appreciated.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

I've always done it by removing the intake manifold.

deigodatsun
Car: 97 altima

i am planning the same job on my 97 altima, the pcv should be in the same spot, beneath the intake manifold.
i found two videos on youtube i couldnt post links for but...

1. in one video the "oil filter block " (thing that the oil filter threads into) was removed from underneath the vehicle instead of the power steering ,

2. in the other someone had made specially curved wrenches and had to hacksaw a bracket off to get at it from the top.

waiting to get in my buddys garage to figure how i will do it, ill post back if i find anything useful , but dont keep your fingers crossed

doctah-jay
Car: 1990 240sx/1992 ka24de motor

I have no idea what Nissan was thinking when they put the pcv in such a hard to reach spot. I definitely want to hear how your removal went if you find an easier way.

Return to “2nd Generation Altima Sedan (1998-2001)”