2000 Quest Fragile Interior Door Handles Hard To Find

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
gapi
Car: 2000 Quest

Don't know whats up with the plastics in this thing but both interior front door handles broke within a week with no excessive force. The dealers can get the drivers side for near $70.00 but the passenger side is elusive. I have called salvage yards and the like.

I was oiling the passenger side because it was squeaking and as I was gently wiggling the handle an inner piece broke rendering it useless!

Another flaky plastic part was the head light retainer locking ring. I twisted it off and two of the three tabs fell off. Sheesh!

Anyway, where do you guys go to find hard to find parts?

ricebike
Car: 1989 240sx se 5spd (donated to my brother in law)
2002 Quest
2005 Altima

gapi

Thanks, Between my post and now I found one for a Villager for $16.00 shipped. It's all matte black. The pull handle and lock lever is made of a different material than the Quest Chrome version. The Chrome version I believe is more brittle and is white inside. The Villager version seems to be ABS all the way through. The Girlfriend actually likes the black better.

Also note that I repaired the OE with 2-part epoxy and its most likely better than new. I applied it to the mating surfaces and then all the way around the outside of the break and cannot break it.

The plastics on this van all seem subject to failure. I turned the passenger side headlamp bulb retainer out to change the bulb and two of the three tabs broke off.

Thanks, Again

Thanks Again!

ricebike
Car: 1989 240sx se 5spd (donated to my brother in law)
2002 Quest
2005 Altima

np, i forgot this is actually a ford in nissan's clothing... ford parts are relatively cheaper...

all the parts so far that failed on me have FORD stamped on it :P (blower motor resistor, speed sensor)

ps: pull the seatbelt all the way out fully & see FORD at the end of the webbing ~ hah

gapi

Thanlks

Return to “Quest Forum”