2000 pathfinder fuse box

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
dips_n_skips

I have had a problem with overheating lately and noticed inside the fuse/relay box(under the hood next to the battery) that the 30amp fan rad fuse only has one metal prong. Not sure if this is what its called, but Im wondering if anyone else has this problem? I noticed in all the other spots with fuses they have 2. It doesnt look like one broke off so I wasnt sure if it came like that. Anyone have any ideas why this is the way it is? Or anyone have an extra one laying around that actually has 2 prongs? Thank you

fueler
Car: 2 Nissans, 2 BMW's

how many miles u got? when do u experience overheating? Does it cool down as soon as u get rolling? when was your last rad fluid change

dips_n_skips

It just turned 100k. It does cool off when you start rolling again and I know its because it gets cool air. It mainly heats up in stop and go traffic. The fan doesnt work at all. I just dont understand why there is only one prong when there is two on all the others. Is there a certain fuse thats supposed to be in it? Thanks

Oh, I havent had a rad fluid change since I got it 6 months ago, not sure when it was done either.

dips_n_skips

Can anyone atleast look in their fuse box and see if they have one or two prongs for the rad fan fuse? Its a 30 amp fuse. Thank you

nissandoms47
Car: 2002 Nissan Pathfinder SEV6-Custom 7" lift-33-1250R15 BFG KM2- a bunch of other s*** i cant think of

Well first off you have a mechanical fan. So ignore that whole 30 amp rad fan fuse thing. Either your coolant is bad or your fan clutch is bad.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”