2000 nissan maxima gle sunroof not working

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
frodo7
Car: 2000 Nissan Maxima GLE

The sunroof onn the 2000 nissan maxima I just bought doesn't open nor tilt. I have checked every fuse, relay and switch with no luck finding power. The only component not found for testing is the E90 circuit breaker!

After reading all/most posts about the sunroof there has not been even one that described exactly where that frigging E90 circuit breaker is located!!!

Please, someone respond if you actually know where the breaker is located.

Please, do not respond if you think you know. I've chased many of those suggestions with no luck.

Thanks in advance for your help.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

ESM says it's next to the big SMJ connector at the lefthand kick panel. Use this link and go to page 390 for a diagram:

https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... 0%2Fel.pdf

If you have the 2000.5 model, that particular connector is in the same spot.

frodo7
Car: 2000 Nissan Maxima GLE

Thanks for that link. Since my power seats work, and they use circuit breaker E90, and the sun roof does not work, while using the same circuit breaker E90, therefore E90 is working and not causing the sunroof to not work. Simple logic when you have the facts. Again, thanks for the help.

Now the hard part - since all the fuses, circuit breakers and the fusible link have tested as good, not much left except the motor, Damn!!! Gonna be expensive.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Check the switch before assuming it's the motor. If you look at the WD on EL-203, you'll notice the switches are driving a pair of relay coils. Those are "inductive loads" and there are no clamping diodes, so the switches can and do eventually fail from arcing across the contacts.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”