2000 i30T Airbag Light

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
kof

Friends -

I have a little dilemma, can use some help.

I have a 2000 i30 that's approaching 300,000 miles. The other day, which coincided with a loud pop (like a rock hitting a windshield :werd: ), the airbag light came one and began blinking. I reset it following the instructions here and it stayed off for ~100 miles and then came back on. I plugged in a standard code reader which pulled out no codes but did give the 'ok' reading for the engine, transmission, other systems, etc.

I took it to a dealer and they claimed they couldn't even read the code, nor see any of the systems except the engine. The did mention that the 'harness' could be bad but gave no further explanations. I would like to keep this car going as it's otherwise fine, but could use some help as how to begin troubleshooting.

Thanks in Advance and apologies if this is in the wrong section. I did a lot of reading with other posts, but couldn't find a fix or solution.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

A lot of lower end scanners will not read airbag codes..............that shouldn't include the dealer though.

A simple bent pin or older dealer plug-in point with wear to make sloppy contact can do it for them. I've had some places tell me the same when my stuff worked perfectly and I could read everything.

That 'pop' thing though didn't sound too good.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”