2000 Frontier 3.3L Misfire

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
RhinoKnots
Car: 2000 Nissan Frontier 3.3L

HELP... Hello all. First time using this forum and I'm hoping someone can help. My Frontier is just starting to get broke in at 284,000 miles. Have never had any issues other than maintenance items until now. I have been having an ongoing issue with a misfire while driving. It doesn't matter what speed or road condition. The problem has caused my Camshaft Position Sensor to fail about every 1000 to 2000 miles in the past 9 months. Luckily I was able to replace under warranty. Because of the ongoing issue, I have replaced my fuel injectors, fuel pump and fuel regulator. Distr4ubtor cap and rotor are new with distributor. My codes always come P0305 (cylinder 5 misfire detected) then turns into P0340 (Camshaft Position Sensor A). I have switched wire and plug from 5 to 3 and still get misfire code on 5. Is something causing my Camshaft Position Sensor to go out or the warranty rebuilds that bad? WHAT AM I MISSING??? IN SERIOUS NEED OF SOME HELP.

zclaus
Car: 2000 Nissan Frontier XE 3.3L V6

RhinoKnots wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:52 am
HELP... Hello all. First time using this forum and I'm hoping someone can help. My Frontier is just starting to get broke in at 284,000 miles. Have never had any issues other than maintenance items until now. I have been having an ongoing issue with a misfire while driving. It doesn't matter what speed or road condition. The problem has caused my <a title="Link added by VigLink" class="vglnk" href="http://i.viglink.com/?key=97a6e2e747f97 ... %2Fspan%3E" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"><span>Camshaft </span><span>Position </span><span>Sensor</span></a> to fail about every 1000 to 2000 miles in the past 9 months. Luckily I was able to replace under warranty. Because of the ongoing issue, I have replaced my fuel injectors, fuel pump and fuel regulator. Distr4ubtor cap and rotor are new with distributor. My codes always come P0305 (cylinder 5 misfire detected) then turns into P0340 (<a title="Link added by VigLink" class="vglnk" href="http://i.viglink.com/?key=97a6e2e747f97 ... %2Fspan%3E" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"><span>Camshaft </span><span>Position </span><span>Sensor</span></a> A). I have switched wire and plug from 5 to 3 and still get misfire code on 5. Is something causing my <a title="Link added by VigLink" class="vglnk" href="http://i.viglink.com/?key=97a6e2e747f97 ... %2Fspan%3E" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"><span>Camshaft </span><span>Position </span><span>Sensor</span></a> to go out or the warranty rebuilds that bad? WHAT AM I MISSING??? IN SERIOUS NEED OF SOME HELP.
I myself also have a 2000 Nissan Frontier VG33E 3.3L V6 with a small lift and 33'' tries that also had problems with a random massive misfire. I never had it coded for the misfire but I ended up replacing my knock sensor and flywheel sensor as well as my rotor and cap for the distributer but that fixed my issues for the misfire so idk if you might want to get those looked at or replaced to see if it helps.

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”