200 Miles and Issues.....Trunk/MP3s

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
jpohl402

First of all, the exterior button above rear license plate on right (black plastic pad to open trunk) is very sporadic in it's reliability. All times doors have been unlocked (have physically pressed unlock button on driver or passenger door literally within seconds of touching trunk release. It appears it is locked and refuses to budge. I haven't had much time to locate a manual release in the car, so my only option is to use keyfob and hold release. About 35% of the time, the trunk opens perfectly simply by pressing the button on decklid.....

Secondly, I have a few MP3 CD collections, which play PERFECTLY FINE in my MB and other's cars, Audi, etc.....When I load CD in this car w NAV, about 50% of the time the buttons for FOLDER and TRACKLIST in left middle portion of screen (next to scan and repeat I believe) are completely unavailable/greyed out.....When traveling down the road, the buttons will occasionally magically reappear, letting you use them. Sometimes the car has to be re-started. Sometimes the car starts w those "buttons" visible and working, and 30 seconds or 8 minutes later they disappear, rendering them useless. There is a good chance that sometime after this, they will come back to life and I am able to use again! There is absolutely no pattern, rhyme, or reason to their behavior......Keep in mind this is the EXACT same CD, not being switched/reloaded/fast forwarded/TOUCHED/just played.... Quite frustrating! Ideas?

Lastly, how do you program doors to NEVER EVER auto-lock when in drive or going above 5mph/whatever it is??? I ABSOLUTELY HATE this feature on all automobiles......

Thanks in advance........

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”