20 inch rims on G35

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
apm285
Car: G35 coupe

Hey guys i am new to this forum and come from Sydney Australia.

I just bought the 2005 G35 coupe known in Australia as a nissan V35 skyline.

I was looking to put some 20's on the car but not to sure if it will rub against the guards on full lock at the front or when turning a corner.

Click on the link to view the rims i am looking to purchase.

http://www.tempetyres.com.au/p...o=915

Do you think these will fit on without grinding the guards when turning?

Cheers

gniknave
Car: 2000 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
2008 Honda Civic EX (Sedan)

This is the General Chat area. You might try the G35 Forum for your question: zeroforum?id=102

Repo Man
Car: '15 RAM 1500, 4x4

Be nice fanboy.

Red coupe
Car: 92 Nissan 240sx Coupe

Matej wrote:Always get the biggest wheels you can afford! If they don't fit you can hit things with a hammer, it'll be fine. If you get the small ones you'll regret it next time a Civic on 20's pulls up next to you.
It always amazes me that this is what cars are to like half the "car guys"

It actualy doesn't give the info you would need? The important parts being the size of tire you put on it, the width of the wheel, and the wheels offset....

The rim diamiter alone isn't that big of a deal(with in reason) The overall wheel diameter is the rim, and the tire, so you just put a tire with a smaller sidewall on so you have more rim, and less tire....That doesn't effect clearance anywhere, but can make the ride a little more harsh(though I'm sure it wouldn't be a big deal especial if the car came stock with a larger wheel size)

Offset either moves the wheel in or out of the wheel well, it is basically how far offset of the center line the wheel mounts to the car.Like soHaving a lower or more negative offset pushes the wheel out, having a higher offset moves it in...

I just saw it does give the width, but I don't know what the stock width is? 8.5 isn't to wide though, so with a proper offset It would fit I'm sure.

Changes in width and offset get slightly more confusing, as the offset is given from the center line of the wheel, only half of the increase in width will be loss in clearance on both sides of the wheel, then the wheel is moved in or out depending of the offset change. There are a lot of online calculators that just let you fill in the new and old rim specs, and it will tell you the changes....I don't know any of them but Im sure google does.

Edit: I speel good.
Modified by Red coupe at 9:32 PM 5/10/2007

kmech_7
Car: 2003 Infiniti G35 coupe (Skyline) Vortech Supercharged Jul 08 ROTM

look this question comes up all the time. heres what i have and i have no problems with it.245/35/20255/35/20

perfect fit with the lowering springs and new camber kit.

G_whizz
Car: 2010 G37 Coupe Sport

Nice wheels...Welcome to NICO!

Andy_V35Sky_350GT
Car: 2003 Nissan Skyline 350GT

Good to see another Skyline owner.

zozoka1212
Car: 08 Infiniti G35x

welcome to nico

Rims looks nice now you have to find good rubbers.

Zozoka

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”