2 way lsd over welded? how big of a difference between the two?

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
0wn3r
Car: 1997 Nissan 240sx SE track car (SR20DET, caged)

yokota180sx wrote::raises hand:oh mememememmeme

i had a weldeda nismoa cuscoand a kaaz

2 way is the way to go mani loved it much betteri could adjust everything from accel lockup and decel lockup, no chirping in parkinglots looking like an idiot

2 way..is the way
haha. and which one of those you listed do you prefer then?

not to jack, but you + people + mods = coilover thread locked. why did you need your Silkroads rebuilt anyways? and what kind of bird do u have?

I had a parakeet land on my 240 twice in a row outside...it was a lost pet or something so I got it before winter or a cat snagged the thing. She rocks and I have her all trained... I so shoulda had Parakeet240 as my user name.
Modified by 0wn3r at 5:24 AM 8/26/2007

redsx13
Car: 93 240sx 03 350z

well i went 2 way. i diddnt want to spen the 840$ for a kaaz. but welded just seemed way too ghetto.

Project_gothamSX

Uhhh,, Cause they have sponsors? They don't pay for anything big.

Project_gothamSX

I welded my diff and drove it for a month, and I agree with you all the way! IF you weld it right it should last a long time.

PencilShavings
Car: '91 240 hatch

you need a 2-way diff and two exhaust tips sticking a foot out of your bumper to be cool.

everyone knows that.

NiSmo240luvR

it has nothing to do with being cool or not. ask someone who has a decent amount of skill and who has driven both. 99% of the time you will get the same answer. clutch mother f'ing type.

you guys really think that the top drifters in the world just run clutch types because they get sponsored by the manufacturers? are you serious? maybe they only run coilovers because they get sponsored those too...

s13fOr_me
Car: 240sx

doesnt having a welded diff increase the chances of snapping some axels if you spin out without pushing the clutch in?

.Grimace

wow oh wow how i hate all these drifting fan boys... yokota180sx keep holding it down with the truth. they use a 2 way for a reason.

penpen-commander

i prefer a helica over clutch for streetability and grip racing.i don't drift and don't care about it. clutches are nice but don't suit me.driven on welded, don't like, thank god it was a friends car and not mines.

welded sucks giant floppy donkey d!ck.yokota, some people are just ignorant.

do what you want and if you prefer welded, good for you.if you prefer clutch types, good for you too.

****, as long as it's not my car you're messing with, do what you want.

supreamS14
Car: 96 240sx S13-blacktop Sr20deT

I dont know about welded But I just got a new nismo 2 way for $500!I have not heard 1 pop click chatter or knocking which is what I expected!IS THIS NORMAL FOR THE NISMO??? It Kicks vlsds asses all day and its just as quiet!!! NOT 1 SOUND!!!

nismo_200sx
Car: Nissan 200sx in progress of ca18det swap

go welded and don't be a b****. drifting started with having balls in the mountains, being ghetto, tearing s*** up like a man is supposed to then it got all hyped up by foreigners from other countries and now its some fanboy sport with sponsors, rice boys like von gitten who got lauged at by the locals in ebisu and s*** a** cars in formula d. its a joke now everywhere but japan. drifting is bad a** but there are too many fan boys now. stick to your roots. drift that f*** s*** with no reguard, man up, get sideways, do work, burn tires, lsd is for fanboys. you dont need to adjust s***. you either lock or you dont there is no in between. its summed up like this. you can drift crazy sideways, or you can drift like a woman and worry about your nice paintjob and running over your ziptied bumper and knock being ghetto when your s*** is ziptied and not get after it. who gives a f*** if you squeel your tires what are you afraid of? "omg what if that person judges me?" stop being a b**** besides drifting was started on being ghetto. like i said stick to your roots respect the sport.

ScrapnSidwayz
Car: My damn S13 is a fuggin money pithole

lol this is a REALLY old thread homie

Carl H
Car: 1995 240SX SE RB30DET

if that dude was really balls to the wall he would be drifting the lead slug of a ca20e that came in his 200sx instead of swapping in a turbo engine.

2 way owns welded hard...driven a 2 way ats deftforce for over 6 years now and it still rocks out hard.
no way i'd ever drive a welded, worst experience ever.

180sxy
Car: 180sx and ae86

Okay!! Ive actually experianced both welded and a ats brand 2 way differentials. For both street driven and drift purposes. They are both terrible for daily driving.. I have a brand new 2 way in my daily driven 180sx and im on the verge of swapping it out for a vlsd just becuase of the clunking and jerking you get everytine your in a parking lot/bay or cornerimg slow. The only reason why i havent is becuase i love to drift and do it quite often (street or track) and honestly there is no better way to lock the axles. I noticed a blatant difference in drifting the first time i tried a two way.. Feels so good.. Unexplainable. But still a pain in the a** clunker that will make people think your car is broken. Can be very annoying on a low vehicle if you find yourself stancing up curbes. Now for a welded.. They work great for drifting. Have driftd a ae86 with welded and the performance was nearly the same.. A welded diff will make issues if you like tp grip and gain speed leading up to a entry.. They liketo lose traction. Buddy hydroplaned his beauty levin into a tree taking a turn he takes everyday going slow as hell.. Just to let you know how unpredictable they can be. Another con about the welded that i havrnt read h is the amount of racket they make when your going any kind of speed. Seriously, in my buddys ae86 the diff whined so much that if a cop was behind you in a school zone he would feel obligated to pull you over due to the racket. No cruising with gf or wife with a welded... Couldnt even listen to tunes. Weldeds are ghetto as f*** and are only good for parking lot stars and donuts. If you wanna go fast and rip a track grip and drift (which needs high entry speeds) a lsd is the way to go. Drifting with a locker thats predictable is a dream come true (in my 180 atleast) but the clunking at low speeds and locking when you dont want it to can he a hassle

180sxy
Car: 180sx and ae86

And douchebags like that 200sx driver (nofigure) who say its all about being a man and having balls. I just want to slap him across the face. Clearly this kid has self-insecurities and has to compensate like a bully to really feel like a man.. If that means driving a pos schassis with a welded and saying your hard then by all means!! Lmfao..... Hes clearly a parking lot star.. Go enter a drift at 90mph and get at me with your welded... Bro...

simmode1
Car: Red '95 S14

First post on a zombie thread? :facepalm:

Get an S15 helical if you still want streetability. VSLD sucks.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”