2-way and 3-way speakers?

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
Dustin_T
Car: doing stuff

O.K. first off I'm letting you know I'm not the smartest when it comes to the technical side of speakers, amps, etc.

Whats the difference between 2-way and 3-way speakers? besides the fact that 3-way is usually more expensive........I think...

diamondj30
Car: Not to low , not to high , just right .

on 3 ways they add a mid,bullcrap,go coaxial or seperates.i dont like how alot of cheaper coaxs have cheap 6db per oct,crossovers,cap i should say.thats why if overdriven you blow tweets alot.you should ask stereo stuff on carsound.comsmessage boards lots of very tech,and easy explaning people.

scruf1986
Car: the car

3 ways have a cone for bass a tweeter for the highs and a mid range for the mids.Two ways have a cone for the bass and tweeters fro the highs

j30t

would you say that infinity kappa 3-way are any better sounding then the 2-way?

diamondj30

no

j30t

why not...you really seem to dislike the 3-ways is the mid not even noticible?

scruf1986

Well any 3 way will be better sounding than a two way if both are the same brand and type. But componets are much better because they keep the parts seperate thus letting them have more flexibility of sound.

j30t

well id get components buy my j30 only has 4 stock speakers and i dont feel like installing tweeters in the pillars myself

scruf1986

sissy

fast_s13

i would go with the componets

InstantRice

some people dont like componets though, iwith fast_s13 though, you should pony up to some comps.

j30t

how do i install the tweeters? maybe if i get some step by step instructions...im only 16 and not really a car expert like some of you guys.

scruf1986

I am only 16. But I love car audio. What do you need help on. Wiring or just getting it into the piller?

diamondj30

to me 3 ways are a waste,a 6.5 is a mid speaker all redy,crap imaging,smeared all over.no control over mid ecept eq.3 way is more than you need.looks like your a fan of passive crossovers,good luck.

ayjay

i already suggested these in another thread but check em out anyways:

CDT Audio Braxials

you can go with the classics which are the more affordable line, but I heard the High Definition series 6.5"s and they sounded amazing!! i liked them better than the Focal Polykevlar's (165k2)...

either way, look on ebay for em'... pretty rare to find, but wicked speakers

Sopdadope

ayjay wrote:i already suggested these in another thread but check em out anyways:

CDT Audio Braxials

you can go with the classics which are the more affordable line, but I heard the High Definition series 6.5"s and they sounded amazing!! i liked them better than the Focal Polykevlar's (165k2)...

either way, look on ebay for em'... pretty rare to find, but wicked speakers

Damn straight! These speakers sound absolutely beautiful. They handle jungle, electronica and other synthesis-heavy music beautifully. I also noticed that compared head to head with a set of A/D/S components, reproduction of female vocals was absolutely amazing. The Focal Polykevlar's don't even come close to the HD line, Utopia's IMO are neck-and-neck with the HD's but cost a lot more (the HD's have better midbass anyway). I can't wait to hear the new Eurosports!

nothingwrong
Car: what eva

If youre not sure about hooking up components, and you dont want to get some kick panels made or mount the tweet in the a pillar, then I would suggest one of these two comp. sets: Image Dynamics Chameleons or the newer Kicker resolutions. Both have phase plugs in the middle of the mid which can be removed, allowing you to mount the tweeter in its place. So, it looks like a coaxial, but performs like a comp set. Really easy install.

ayjay

ya, that's exactly what the CDT braxials are :D

nothingwrong
Car: what eva

just givin some more options.....boston acoustics also has a similar set, but the price is outrageous.

ayjay

nothingwrong wrote:just givin some more options.....boston acoustics also has a similar set, but the price is outrageous.

OMG! BA Z6's... they are amazing speakers!! take 200W+ RMS each (well 400W max...)... carbon fibre cones, mmmmm :pface

scruf1986

One thing that you could mount the tweeters is in the door panels themselves. In the upper right hand corner. Audiobahn also makes their speakers with angled tweeters and removable tweeters and they can actually handle a fair amount of power. Not 200 watts rms but they do sound good. Also I am beggining to hear things about the Infinity Kappas. I have had a lot of my friends blow their speakers even with a little amp that can't even get over their max wattage.

diamondj30

distortion will kill speaks fast.mo power please.

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”