2 questions... rims and grilles.... quality/price....

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
niennumb1
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa HB

So I look on Ebay still and the same grilles always come up and they look relatively ok, but I'm told the aluminum ones suck compared to stainless steel. Anyone know some good places to go for grilles that are of great quality and price? I have a black car.

Other question is rims... Are there good places to go for these? I'm told Les Schwab has good deals in this arena. I'm also told not to go higher than my rim size because it takes more gas in driving one with larger wheels. Ugh I'm such a novice I hardly know what to get. I just know I really hate my stock ones

Thanks for the advice!

DejaWiz
Car: See sig for details.

niennumb1 wrote:1. So I look on Ebay still and the same grilles always come up and they look relatively ok, but I'm told the aluminum ones suck compared to stainless steel. Anyone know some good places to go for grilles that are of great quality and price? I have a black car.

2. Other question is rims... Are there good places to go for these? I'm told Les Schwab has good deals in this arena. I'm also told not to go higher than my rim size because it takes more gas in driving one with larger wheels. Ugh I'm such a novice I hardly know what to get. I just know I really hate my stock ones

Thanks for the advice!
1. You can try Mr. Grill (there's a seller on eBay that has the stainless, iirc).

2. TireRack has a fair selection of compatible wheels. Going larger than stock typically isn't going to impact your gas mileage if it's +1 or +2. Going from 15's to 17's would be okay, imo. Just get good tires.

feloniousmonk

DejaWiz wrote:2. TireRack has a fair selection of compatible wheels. Going larger than stock typically isn't going to impact your gas mileage if it's +1 or +2. Going from 15's to 17's would be okay, imo. Just get good tires.
Not so fast. +1 or +2 won't impact gas milage much ONLY if they are not much heavier than stock. Remember, it's a rotational mass (exponential)... not static weight. Heavy wheels will impact fuel efficiency.

blindsnyper
Car: 2007 versa

you can go through schwabs but they have a very limited choose and they are expensive, but i got mine there because they take payments

DejaWiz

feloniousmonk wrote:
Not so fast. +1 or +2 won't impact gas mileage much ONLY if they are not much heavier than stock. Remember, it's a rotational mass (exponential)... not static weight. Heavy wheels will impact fuel efficiency.
Exactly why I put a key word in there: typically.

One reason why I like to browse TireRack - they list the weight of every wheel they sell.

niennumb1
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa HB

Excellent! Well I'll give Mr. Grill a try and see what's there. I will also take note of the rims and tires and such and I appreciate all the great information.

Nice note on Les Scwab with the payments!

DejaWiz

niennumb1 wrote:Excellent! Well I'll give Mr. Grill a try and see what's there. I will also take note of the rims and tires and such and I appreciate all the great information.

Nice note on Les Scwab with the payments!
I just checked with Mr Grille... looks like they only use aluminum based on what they state on the website.

I did find these, though:http://www.billetanything.com/...2.htm

http://www.billetanything.com/...3.htm

t19uz

yup agree with you, thats why if u wanna buy a new rims 17" or 18" buy a light weight rims. Usually made in japan. From rays enginering porduct like volk racing, gram lights, etc. But.. it will cost u a lot =(

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”