2 Questions: ICY/Bluetooth

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
NissanRogue

Hey there! I've had my Nissan Rogue SL AWD since November and I have a few questions if anyone can help me out

1. ICY - When it's cold and I start my car ICY appears on the dash. I let the car warm up for five minutes and it's still there. It stays on throughout my drive to work. What does this mean? Is this something that I should be concerned with?

2. Bluetooth - When I first got the car and I received an incoming call the number/caller id would appear on the radio display. Now, a couple of months later, it has stopped. I called the Bluetooth hotline but they don't seem to know what I'm talking about. I have the Palm Centro if that makes any difference.

peleke
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD, Indigo Blue, premium package, leather, moonroof

1. ICY displays when the outside temperature is below 37 F (don't know the C value off the top of my head). It will stay on until it reaches 39 F (I think).

2. I'm not sure about this one. Did the display show all incoming calls or just the ones that were programmed into the car's system? Could the incoming calls have their numbers blocked? Does the caller id show up correctly when people call your Centro?

jsherm007
Car: 2008 Rogue

My bluetooth doesn't do that, not sure what the problem is..

Instead the sounds quality is just very distant everyone tells me. I don't know what kind of feedback you've got, but NO ONE likes it when I call them from my car. I don't know if it could have anything to do with my phone, I always have it in the center console. It's a KRZR so I'd think it's getting a good connection.

On top of that, more often then not, I receive calls and people can't hear me but I can hear them. Not sure what to do.

dave230

That's odd... I was on the phone through the Bluetooth twice this morning (on the snowy NY Thruway) and both times the people I was talking to asked where I was since they thought the sound was better than usual! Mine is very new and I've only used the BT a bit so far, but I thought that was pretty good.

For the record, this is through an iPhone which was in my pocket. Maybe you were in a bad cell spot in general at the time?

I didn't realize when I bought it what a big deal the Bluetooth really is. Love that feature.

jsherm007
Car: 2008 Rogue

I don't know, I'm in good cell coverage in city limits, 5 bars on the ATT phone but bad quality sound. I'd like to know if it is the phone, but I think the connection is strong between the car and phone.

NissanRogue

Well, come to find out the Nissan Rogue Bluetooth is not equipped for incoming call caller id...I don't know why mine worked for a brief period of time but it did! It was the same number (my husband) that would call and sometimes it would show his number and sometimes it wouldn't. Oh well, all I know is that I miss it. It was a nice feature.

Thanks so much for the responses I greatly appreciate the help!

flybooey

Mine has done the exact same thing just recently. Strange you mentioned this. It would normally show the incoming number but then just yesterday it stopped. Mine is a motorola

Dave
Modified by flybooey at 4:58 PM 2/28/2008

CtNxFLeX
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I believe the reason it sometimes shows and sometimes it doesn't is because of the Treo Phone. I also have a Treo, Treo 700P for Sprint to be exact.

Before I purchased the car, the dealer was showing me how the bluetooth worked. It worked the first time I received a call showing the number, the second time and after didn't.

For me, it would pop up the number once ever 50 calls. I don't think our treo's are fully compatible with Nissan's bluetooth. However, Nokia's and motorolla phones don't seem to have that problem, but only Treo's =T

It sucks, I know. I never know who's calling me and would have to take out my phone from my pocket to see who's calling.

jsellberg
Car: '08 rogue iridium graphite sl awd premium

Mine always shows who's calling o.O

I have a SLVR.

BrianV
Car: 07 G35S 6MT, 02 MDX-T AWD

Palm phones don't do bluetooth right. They don't forward the incoming number. I have a 755p and my G35S doesn't show the incoming number either. My previous phones did.

I don't know why it would've once worked though.

CtNxFLeX
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

BrianV wrote:Palm phones don't do bluetooth right. They don't forward the incoming number. I have a 755p and my G35S doesn't show the incoming number either. My previous phones did.

I don't know why it would've once worked though.
Argh... I'm very dissapointed at my treo for this one minor issue. Everything else works great! I love the phone to death. I was hoping a new firmware would come out that would be compatible with Nissan's Bluetooth hardware. Unfortunately, after checking a few times a month, to no availability for us Nissan/Infiniti owners

The sad part is that I do get excited when the numbers do show, it's just very rare! I still dont know why it shows once in a blue moon, very strange.

SONNY
Car: 2008 Wicked Black Nissan Rogue SL AWD Loaded!

Blackberry 8300 on at&t and it shows the number everytime since day 1!

njr

My bluetooth mike as been poor. My dealership is ordering a new microphone and will install it when it comes in. You might have the same problem.

Return to “Rogue Forum”