2 questions about 95' pathfinder

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
NA_VersionFC3S
Car: cars

Hey everyone. I am looking to buy this 1995 pathfinder locally and I just had a few questions about it.

1. What kind of gas mileage does it get? I'm assuming it takes just 87' octane.

2. The car has 91,000 miles. The guy said the next major maintaince item will be the changing of the timeing belt. About how much does this cost to get done?

Thanks.Tim

PS: Also, the guy is asking $5900 for the car. Does this sound reasonable. It is a 95' SE 5speed manual. It has 91,000 miles approxmately. It is in good condition and the only upgrade is it has oversized off-road tires. Would this be a good deal?

NISTECH

fuel milage with those tires varies from factory expectations which is about 10 to 12 MPG. this is assuming its a 4x4. that is a resonable price for your area.

to have a dealer do your belt its betwen 450 and 500 bucks. assuming the labor rate there is $100 an hour.

NA_VersionFC3S
Car: cars

yes it is a 4wd, but wont I get better gas mileage just driving around town with 2WD. The seller said today that it gets about 19mpg driving a mix of 'around town' and 'freeway' with the car on 2WD. Does that sound right?

Another question I had is, am I sopposed to keep the car at lower speeds if it is in 4WD, or can I go freeway speeds?

NISTECH

if the engine was well maintained and kept up properly you may pull 19 MPG if your lucky. but I wouldn't hold out for much more then 15 to 17. Its not recommended to drive in 4WD on any solid surface. but in 4 hi you can drive at freeway speeds. I would suggest only useing it when going up the hill to tahoe or reno during the snow months otherwise leave it in 2WD.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”