2 Problems with my Z :/

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
Mantis3024
Car: '04 Nissan 350z ll '01 Acura Integra GSR ll '84 Porsche 944

I have an 04 Touring and haven't had any major problems with it except for the tire feathering. Problem #1- Yesterday I was changing my oil and noticed a little puddle of oil had accumulated underneth my car as I jacked it up. I didn't think much of it so I continued. As I poured the new oil into the top, I noticed it was dripping down underneth. I'm pretty sure its not the screw or filter since I always secure them pretty tight. I got under my car again and noticed that this leaking had been going on for a while since there were traces of it everywhere. The plastic underbody cover had gotten soft and flimsy, from absorbing the oil I guess. I noticed that my car left oil puddles the 3 times I parked my car today. Could this be a cracked or unsecured oil pan? I made an appointment with my local dealer next Tuesday but I have a long drive this weekend but am not sure if it'll be safe. Problem #2- I was driving home today on the highway cruising in 6th gear and it suddenly popped out. I pushed in the clutch, matched the RPM and tried to put it back in 6th but it wouldn't go in. I put it in 5th and it went in fine, then tried to shift into 6th but it still wouldn't go in. Then I put it in 4th, then shifted to 5th, and put it in 6th and it went in smoothly. After some experimenting, I concluded that it won't go in 6th unless I go through 4 and 5 first. Going to 6th from 5th won't work. I've read about people having problems with 2nd and 3rd gear but not 6th. Would this have to do with my transmission or gearbox? Any feedback is appreciated

Richard

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Richard,

I cant really comment much on the details w/o seing/driving the car but..

My advice to you is be <sure> you go to Rnissan Edgewood, MD.

Other dealers in the area have a poor rep rnissan does an awesome job at honoring warranties.

Their good rep makes them busy so be sure to get an appt in advance.

Fred..

Mantis3024
Car: '04 Nissan 350z ll '01 Acura Integra GSR ll '84 Porsche 944

PalmerWMD wrote:Richard,

I cant really comment much on the details w/o seing/driving the car but..

My advice to you is be <sure> you go to Rnissan Edgewood, MD.

Other dealers in the area have a poor rep rnissan does an awesome job at honoring warranties.

Their good rep makes them busy so be sure to get an appt in advance.

Fred..
Yup, I made an appointment there for next Tuesday. Its the only place I'll go for service. Im just hoping its not that big of a problem since I'll be driving long distances this weekend.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Be sure to check the meets forum there will be a couple of meets posted soon..

Fred..

Ish
Car: Daytona Blue 350z Track

R Nissan is putting a new tranny in my 03 Z next week, or soon thereafter... it's on order now.

Didn't have any probs with them accepting that mine was a lemon... so if your tranny is a lemon they'll get you all fixed up.

Best dealership I've ever had to deal with BY FAR!

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”