2.4 Z-24 PCV Valve

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
lawnmowersammie
Car: 83 nissan kc 720

where is it located and how do you go about replacing it? 1983 1/2 720 KC 4x4 pickup i am getting oil in my air cleaner any thoughts??

jtbenfie
Car: 1983 Nissan 720 King Cab 4x4. NAPSZ 2.0 5spd

its sort of under the intake on the back of the engine.

if its clogged it could put oil in the air cleaner.

replace it, as its problably well past its service interval, and check the hose for clogs and leaks/holes.

if it continues to put oil in the cleaner you probably have some blowby issues in the engine. does it burn any oil?

lawnmowersammie

it has 130k the head gasket failed and i put a different reworked head on it with what they call a "Head saver" it runs fine it seems to use a quart in between oil changes but like i said it runs fine i think that the dizzy is weak because it won't open up the secondaries?? how hard is that pcv to get off?

jtbenfie
Car: 1983 Nissan 720 King Cab 4x4. NAPSZ 2.0 5spd

lawnmowersammie wrote:it has 130k the head gasket failed and i put a different reworked head on it with what they call a "Head saver" it runs fine it seems to use a quart in between oil changes but like i said it runs fine i think that the dizzy is weak because it won't open up the secondaries?? how hard is that pcv to get off?
If your not leaking oil, then you have at least a little blowby, but thats not horrible.

I don't recall how hard the pcv is to get to, but im pretty sure it can be done with some time with only removing the air cleaner.

i *think* the carbs on the z24 have a vaccum secondary, so they won't open while free-revving, only under a load. Don't think the distributor would affect the carburator operation too much, but these engines do use some redicoulous carbs.

lawnmowersammie

no doubt about the hititchi carb. this truck has nickle and dimed me to death but it will go anywhere and i love to tinker i have yet to find someone who will install a carb kit in a spare carb i have. i will try and tackle the PCV tomorrow thanks for the input

Return to “Datsun 720”