1UZFE S-Chassis

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
Flicktitty
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx 2JZ-GTE Swapped
1994 Toyota Supra
2019 Lexus GX460
1992 Lexus SC400

How many are out there?

I Think this will be on my list of cars to build in the next 6months to a year.
Does anyone make a mount kit for these yet? I know Sean and Rodney at www.myJZswap.com are going to be doing one. but they don't know when or if it will be put into production. i have the wiring already taken care of when i decide to do this through [email protected]

I am also wondering if any year motors are better then others? i believe one of them came with better rod's them the early ones?

any tip's or tricks on this? seems there still pretty rare. don't feel like doing a LS1. i perfer the sound of the 1uz over the LSX motor. plus gotta stay with the Toyota powered nissan theme.

cnichols
Car: 96 Nissan 240SX, 99 Infiniti Q45, 93 Ford Fastiva

I am hoping to get around to this in a few months...but working on S14 and S30 LS1 mounts first. Keep an eye out or if you have a chassis available, I have a 1UZ lying around and we could work something out where you would only pay for materials.

breadbox
Car: Red 89 240sx,Black 89 Koop, White 84 720 4x4KC

saw one on speedhunters that looked factory installed. I started drooling.

Here it is

Pzary3233
Car: 1978 S30 280Z, L28, Dual Early SUs, 5 Speed

First post, but anyways...

I was actually just researching this swap a bit. I've got everything ready to go, just need to start fabbing mounts and what not. cnichols, Let me know if you need a car and drive train, I've got both just begging for this swap.

CJH
Car: S13

I have a friend that has this swap done in his S14. Really Nice.

Flicktitty
1994 Toyota Supra
2019 Lexus GX460
1992 Lexus SC400

CJ, this a local guy (Sheboygan area?) you got any info or pics of the car?

CJH
Car: S13

Sorry, I havent check this sence I posted it. Local-ish. Closer to you then me. He lives in north Chicago. Me and him talk from time to time. He is a real good guy. Really, REALLY knows his car stuff.

Not the best pic, but its the best one I could find on his FB

Chingon

I've been bouncing this swap in my head for over 2 years. The more I look into it, the more the lsx makes sense. You're stuck w/max 300 hp before u really start throwing serious cash into the problem. However, it's a more sensible swap than having to deal w/a vq35.

Flicktitty
1994 Toyota Supra
2019 Lexus GX460
1992 Lexus SC400

Chingon wrote:I've been bouncing this swap in my head for over 2 years. The more I look into it, the more the lsx makes sense. You're stuck w/max 300 hp before u really start throwing serious cash into the problem. However, it's a more sensible swap than having to deal w/a vq35.
i agree 100% i was really serious about doing it, started looking at stuff pricing things out, and a 300whp setup is about max for a decent 1UZ setup. can't see spending $2000 for cams, $2000 for ITB's etc etc for maybe 360-380RWHP.

ZombieWolf
Car: 1992 240sx

sdfsdf
Last edited by ZombieWolf on Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

matt4pl
Car: cars, anything fast, graphic design, lots of stuff

i"m the guy CJ was talking about and that's my white s14 with the 1uz. i did the swap for 3500. paying 6000 for a 1uz is pointless because you're in lsx territory at that point. the xat swap kit so far is lame because i havent found anyone who's done it and i've read their description and can't find any details to make me believe it's worth the 5500. it's a fun engine, easy enough to get parts for, but expensive to mod.

as for being different, if there is a swap kit for the engine you wanna install, than it's not so unique anymore, unless you do something different. (i shoved me engine against the firewall and did lots of clearancing to make it fit the way i wanted it to. I'm running a beefy from swap bar also with clearance after some hammer handiwork)

as far as i know there are maybe 5 total 1uz s chassis running around in the states unless their hardcore ninja lurkers

DET240SX
Car: 92 Hatchback S14 SR20DET, 89 Coupe SOHC KA24e(soon to be 1UZ), 01' 330CI

matt4pl wrote:i"m the guy CJ was talking about and that's my white s14 with the 1uz. i did the swap for 3500. paying 6000 for a 1uz is pointless because you're in lsx territory at that point. the xat swap kit so far is lame because i havent found anyone who's done it and i've read their description and can't find any details to make me believe it's worth the 5500. it's a fun engine, easy enough to get parts for, but expensive to mod.

as for being different, if there is a swap kit for the engine you wanna install, than it's not so unique anymore, unless you do something different. (i shoved me engine against the firewall and did lots of clearancing to make it fit the way i wanted it to. I'm running a beefy from swap bar also with clearance after some hammer handiwork)

as far as i know there are maybe 5 total 1uz s chassis running around in the states unless their hardcore ninja lurkers
First of all, no intention to thread jack or anything. I'm also not new to this forum, I've had a 92 s13 hatch with the s14 kouki SR in it about 7~8 years ago. Also, had an account with Nico but up until a couple months ago I never used it and had to get another username..cuz I forgot!

Anyhow, matt4ple I couldn't agree more with your comment about LSx being smiply too expensive. I recently got back into s-chassis and want to build a track car. So I thought, why not LS1? With its capabilities, proven history of racing heritage, blah blah blah it would be perfect. I'm in metro DET area, and planning on going outside of the state for races next season (I've been tracking with 330ci but also expensive to get anything out of it as far as HP :bang ) but mostly I will be racing in MI. With that said, simply there are no tracks around that I could fully use what the LS1 has, I'm just gonna be wasting all that 400+HP. Plus it's still rediculously expensive.

I Picked up my 95 LS motor for 550 with accessories-AC unit, and the ECU and I only have been prepping the motor. But the point of it all is, with this motor I feel like I would be able to use all of 260+HP on the track, and feel really good about full throttling it most of the time (it almost feels have a beefier 4ag, if that makes sense). That's just my .02

Cheers,

DET240sx

Return to “Hybrids”