1st Long Trip

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
bkb433
Car: Nissan Versa

Myself the wife and two kids just got back from a trip to Myrtle Beach. About a 4 hour drive from where I am. We got everything in the hatch we needed and the car did great. I got about 34 mpg or there abouts. I'm loving this car so far. OH, and is it just me or are there no commercials with the Versa out ??? I havent seen any commercials about the car yet, just think that's kinda odd, especially as bad as gas prices are getting.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

34, not bad.

You're not alone in wondering about the lack of advertisements, either:zerothread/189528

voltronguy
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL Super Black

Congrats on the fun trip. I am leaving on a 14 hr round trip today and want to take the Versa but we are still in the break in period. Since this is our first new car we're going to play it safe. OUr big milestone coming up this week is our first tank of gas and MPG reading!

craigv
Car: 2007 Versa

Do you have any complaints after the long trip? Mine seems to pull to the left every time I let off of the gas on the highway. I'm thinking it has to do with the rpms and the strain on the tranny (6MT).

will1911a1
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S

craigv wrote:Do you have any complaints after the long trip? Mine seems to pull to the left every time I let off of the gas on the highway. I'm thinking it has to do with the rpms and the strain on the tranny (6MT).
I have a 6 speed manual as well and haven't had any problems like that on the highway... You might want to get that checked out.

craigv

Thanks, I may do that. I'll get in on the highway a couple more times and make sure it's not me (or in my head) before I take it in.

KA-Te

How about the interior.. comfy? Kids like it?

Did you have fun on the trip?

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

craigv wrote:Thanks, I may do that. I'll get in on the highway a couple more times and make sure it's not me (or in my head) before I take it in.
Or that it's not the road itself... there's a couple sections of 405 here that cause the car to pull, but the freshly paved sections of I-5 are smooth as glass.

craigv

Unfortunately, this was on an old section, and also on a newly-paved section as well. I'm going to check the tires too, although my tire monitor isn't on. I'm not sure how low the tires have to be for that to tell you.

bkb433
Car: Nissan Versa

No complaints what so ever, did great and road more comfortably than I thought at the time. STill very impressed

storyr
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL

bkb433 wrote:OH, and is it just me or are there no commercials with the Versa out ??? I havent seen any commercials about the car yet, just think that's kinda odd, especially as bad as gas prices are getting.
Why spend money on marketing when every car delivered to the dealer is already sold (like mine) or sold within a day or two?

electech
Car: '02 Explorer Limited, '03 Escape Limited, '07 Versa SL HB CVT, Convenience group, splash guards, flo

Do you have the 6 speed or the CVT? Do you wish you had gotten a different tranny? Thanks for any help.

Kermee

storyr wrote:Why spend money on marketing when every car delivered to the dealer is already sold (like mine) or sold within a day or two?
Toyota (Yaris) and Honda (Fit), their limited availability and with the help of automobile magazines (grouping the Yaris, Fit and Versa) did all the marketing Nissan needed...

Cheers,Kermee

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

I find it interesting that while there's a good amount of Fit vs. Versa debate around, there's very little of either Versa vs. Yaris or Fit vs. Yaris debate around. It seems that the Yaris is the redheaded stepchild of the segment. From what I've read about it it falls severely short of either the upscale Nissan or the sporty Honda. It seems more like an updated Echo, which was a thoroughly uninspring and extremely cheap-feeling people-mover that is easily and quickly forgotten. OF course, based on MSRP, the Yaris is the cheapest of the trio, but in typical Toyota fashion, by the time you finish configuring your car, you might as well have bough a nicer car for the price you pay.

Yaris also makes the mistake of offering a 5 speed manual ONLY in the non-S packages. There is no 5-speed option on the S. That means you must choose between the top-end package OR the best fuel economy (or sportiest and most fun transmission). And last I checked..."S" means "sport." So why isn't the sporty 5-speed an option on the S?

Another of the Yaris' mistakes is that the hatchback is ONLY available with 2 doors...if you want 4 doors you have to get a sedan. Versa and Fit both offer 4 door hatches.

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

And that's ignoring the fact of the Yaris's alarmingly low door opening... I hit my head on the door surround trying to get out of the Yaris. It was only after that that I found out that at 6' I need to duck quite far to clear that piece.

Kermee

That's one thing I didn't understand about the launch of the Yaris. I see the 5-door Yaris all the time here in Seattle... with B.C. plates. So they're available in North America. Just not in the U.S. for 2007.

Seemed weird to bring the 3-door first since I see a heck of a lot more 4-door Yaris' than the 3-door. People wanting the Honda Fit were comparing it more to the 5-door Versa vs. the 3-door or 4-door Yaris.

That's probably why you're seeing a lot more comparisons between the Fit and the Versa. I have a feeling once the 4-door Versa comes out, the 4-door Yaris will be in trouble.

Cheers,Kermee

Return to “Versa General Chat”