1st Impressions after buying EX

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
Rfong

2 days after leasing a EX 35 AWD I have formed a very positive impression of the vehicle. The reviews and posts on this forum were very accurate and helped me to make my buying decision. Thank you.

Exterior – The size of this crossover is perfect for my needs. It is small enough to fit into tight parallel parking spaces yet spacious enough to hold an occasional cargo load. Its smooth lines flow attractively to the eye. The roofline gracefully tapers to give a coupe like look and separates it from the bulky SUV profiles. The chrome accents are tastefully placed to complement the vehicle. I especially like the aggressive size and shape of the exhaust tips.

Interior – The interior is what initially sold me on the vehicle. While it cannot be considered roomy, especially for a big person it is perfect for my wife and me. The leather and wood cushion and coddle you in a cocoon of luxury. The surfaces are soft to the touch unlike other German cars I have owned. Every convenience feature is in this car, except for a power hatch lift.

Technology – This car must be crowned the King of the Tech world. The keyless entry recognizes you and your key, sets the seat, steering wheel and mirror positions for you and allows you push the start button without ever touching the key fob. You talk to the car and it talks back. Around View Monitor, lane departure warning system, lane departure prevention system and intelligent cruise control are just incredible and make driving a pleasure. If the navigation could make the turns that it calls out, I could just go to sleep and awake upon arrival.

Handling – The steering is accurate but a bit light in turning effort. It feels as if the steering has a little too much power boost. However this is like saying the lobster was too sweet. It is only a good thing. The suspension is poised and agile. Freeway curves can be taken above speed limits with no wavering or loss of control. Road and wind noise are quietly muffled and small road imperfections are just silent thumps. The only failing I have found is large bumps such as transition grades between road surfaces or railroad tracks cause the car to dramatically hop but it resettles its composure very quickly. Power is more than adequate. It is strong and spunky.

Best Feature – Intelligent cruise control. If all cars had this feature every car on the freeway would get to their destinations faster. It is the speeders, lane jockeys and slow drivers that causes other drivers to have to brake and slow down the whole pack of cars traveling in the cluster. Intelligent cruise control insures all cars never have to slow down, brake and therefore everyone travels at the fastest possible speed.

EXceptional
Car: 2008 Aspen Pearl EX35 Freakin Loaded!

Nice review...

It might be the new Car excitement for us... but we find we are driving our EX35 more than the Truck, just because it is so nimble in traffic... and the AWD.

Before, if we wanted to go somewhere in the Winter, it was always in my AWD Truck... now it'll be in the EX35.

I look forward to next Winter and seeing the look on my Wife's face knowing that when she leaves the Driveway, she isn't going to get stuck anywhere, like she did before in her RWD Chrysler 300C.

Post some pictures of ytour new Ride !

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”