1st Generation lifted Nissan Rogue

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

So they don’t make lift kits here, so I installed this one from Russia. You can buy them on amazon or eBay. 2nd generation is lucky with ReadyLift.

Most here like the car like aspect of the CUV and lowering their Rogue for the hatchback racer look or lowered for handling. Etc

I prefer the Crossover utility vehicle’s when it comes to their SUV personality and body lines. As in off road looks.
The beauty of cuv’s that they can feel like a car and look like an suv.

Anyways, I like the off-road looks while others like the racer low rider look. These are versatile vehicles!

1.5 inch(40 mm spacer) in the front.
1.75 inch (45 mm spacers) in the rear.

Also installed adjustable front sway bar endlinks in the front. And planning to install longer pathfinder shocks later.
I have nice kyb excel shocks in the rear for now.

Took a month. The front was actually easier. Really thought the rear would have been easy but wasn’t. I wouldn’t wish my worse enemy to put a nearly 2 inch spacer over the rear coil. Had mobile mechanics refused and one quit on me on the back.

I would have never had done this at my old age if I knew it was this hard. My approach was focusing on 1 bolt to remove a day because they were hard to remove. I had to strategize this, that, and a third to remove what, where, how & when.

Not rushing and working certain sections kept my sanity. Like taking off 1 rear sway bar bolt was a 3 day process. Since we are quarantined, this project kept me busy. It sit’s as high as a Cadillac SRX which is a pretty big suv.

I actually had an alignment last thanksgiving and really thought it would go wonkers after I surely messed it up. But it actually drives great and doesn’t drift or anything but I am sure it’s bad but I can’t notice anything. I will get it aligned after getting my “HUGE all terrains w/my new wheels.

Anyways, here is the fruit of my labor. :mike

excel_novice
Car: 2019 Nissan Rogue SV Hybrid

i never did like the looks of the 1st gen Rogue, but you managed to give it some character. its not just a Rogue with a fancy hat...i like the decals on the hood and behind the gas cap. i think the winch bumper guard is my favorite part. The door ding guards along the side give it depth. on the downside, the running boards seem to offset your new found ground clearance. overall...thumbs up

casperfun

Thx, I appreciate that.

Seriously there were not many mods you can do look-wise with the 1st genner rogue. The forum photo gallery is practically just rogues that are different colors.

My rogue is nearly 11 yr work in progress. With my inner off-road jeep side of me influencing my mods. Only got the rogue as a safer vehicle because we just had a baby.

The lift and all-terrain tires will be the last mods as a final send off for my trust-worthy horse on its final years since this original cvt should be nearing its end in 65,000 miles which is also how long the all terrain is rated when I eventually get it during these hard covid-19 times.

As you can see, when i get bored, i think outside the box alot. The 2 racing strips which don't make sense was added because I liked the look of them on Chargers. My first version was terrible with thinner decals until I found these on Ebay which were more appropriate. It grew on me after I found the perfect position. The rear decals is to hide the the scratches I made backing up into a garbage can. I tend to use decals in some way to hide scratches.

The winch guard, that's funny because it does actually obtained the result I wanted. I guess I am kinda like a ricer truck wanna be, lolz. Which explains the cheap a** golf cart lights attached by 3m tape. This was when led lights were not around a decade ago. But they looked cool back then. Not modern today but I'm okay. It was mainly decorative anyways.

But on to the winch, ummm, it's not actually a winch. I just bought cheap u-bolts and attached it under my cheap; yet again huge driving lights (b4 led came around) and attach those cheap anchor hook latches you find at the hardware store. Even added a hook in the back. Then I went to home depot and bought some cheap black rope and wrapped it around the bull bar.
Probably under $20 and it achieved the look of a $500-700 winch system from afar! Which I kinda hoping to achieve,lolz :bowrofl:

I actually did the side moldings twice, I removed them after I backed into a mailbox and ruin my paint job on a rear door. And i actually like the rogue without it. But then i got bored and my off-road side thought it would look more rugged with them on. Easily removable if i wanted.

I basically got the nerf bars for looks and eventually for the kids to use. Actually was hoping it would prevent other vehicles from dinging my doors which it didn't before the lift. But now it actually prevents low vehicles from hitting now. 14 inch clearance without bull bars too.

Most people don't know what I drive since it's the old version; and I also get alot of compliments. One young African- american woman did yell out from across the parking lot and said something like, "wtf, that's motherf*$#%-ing Ghostbusters!" which was funny to me. :lolling:

After over a decade, probably the one thing I would suggest getting if you absolutely hate getting your rear bumper scuffed up, paint ruined, or damaged. I would suggest you get a rear hitch step or a rear tube. My bumper has never been damaged. It's a great deterrent.

Only reason I got the bull bar was some rear facing parked truck tapped my front and ruined my plastic cover. How the hell does that happen, all they had to do is drive forward. My rogue was fairly new too.

Anyways, here's a pic b4 the lift. I also liked the smooth lines like a porche cayenne suv to me back then without the side moldings and around wheel well. If you read this far, thx.

Last edited by casperfun on Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:12 am, edited 7 times in total.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Great job!!
Rock on!
:mike

casperfun

Sorry, forgot to mention the middle hook on my pretend winch was attached with a zip-tie, so you definitely can't tow anything but a matchbox toy car with them. :rotfl

And this vehicle was also known as the zombie apocalypse rogue by people in the forum here back in the day, so I guess I'm ready during these unprecedented times. :cool:

Return to “Rogue Forum”