1st gen tails problem

General discussion area for the U13-chassis Altima
Importroller
Car: G35 and 07 Altima 3.5 6spd

If any of you have bought these tails off Symmic on ebay, or thinking of doing so, DONT!!! the right tail light is wired incorrectly. at first, i thought it was just my turn signal wire was wired incorrectly, but after careful examination, I found that there is more. The grond wire on the tails is wired to the reverse wire off the harness, the turn signal wire is wired to nothing, and the reverse wire is wired to the ground wire on the harness.

so far, these are the problems i've encountered with this wiring issue.

1. with the car running, the right turn signal doesnt work. When I used a jumper wire to connect the 2 wires, the signal worked, but it caused the reverse light, brake light, and left brake light to strobe on and off when the right turn signal was turned on.

2. If I put the car in reverse, the right turn signal on the gauge cluster would half way light up.

3. My biggest problem, if I would turn on the marker lights/parking lights, and drove, my OD wouldnt kick in. so during the day time when no lights are on, the car would shift into all 4 gears, but with the lights on, OD didnt work, I would be stuck in 3rd gear once i started cruising. i figured this out when i took my car outthis past eekend for a drive since it was nice out, adn it drove pefectly. but then later at night, when i left again, the OD didnt kick in. so i thought to myself, what all have i done to the car since this problem started, and the tails and headlights were it. so i shut the lights off as i was driving at 45mph, and OD kicked in. as soon as i turned the lights back on, 3rd gear only.

luckily, I dont drive my car much during the winter, so I will have time to fix it once i get my new soldering gun, but if you dont know much about electrical. Dont buy from thie seller. Others have complained about the wiring, but i havent seen anyone give these symptoms before.

jEzTeR
Car: 07 FX35 - 02 Altima 3.5se - 93 240sx Hatch

Thats wild. Good luck getting it all fixed. Sounds like a big PITA.

Simmsled
Car: TSI GTI - E46 325i

i love the look, but that sounds like a nightmare. good luck with that!

Importroller

if u guys look closely at the pic i have shown, you see that the reverse lights are slightly lit when just the parking/marker lights are on. I know how to fix it, but I shouldnt have to do that for a plug N Play item

Importroller

i looked a lil closer at the wiring today as i was rewiring the lights to work properly, and what they did, was wire both tails in the same configuration. but the wiring from the left and right sides are completely opposite (mirrored) wiring.

accel junky

They look pretty good despite the wiring problem.

Return to “1st Generation Altima Sedan (1993-1997)”