1jz swap part/mod list questions

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
Crazy Eyes

So I'm looking into doing a 1jz swap into a 95 s14 and want a complete list of mods and parts to get it running. Here's what I know so far:

motor/tranny mounts: 350-?
shift linkage extension: DIY
1jz & r154 (jz bell housing): 1800
intercooler & piping: ?
tap speed sensor: DIY
Driveshaft: 400
wiring harness: 400-800
Radiator & fans: ?
2jz usdm waterpump: 200?
modify fuel lines: DIY
Modify crossmember:?
tune: 800

Looking to make 340-400whp so upgrading internals shouldn't be necessary. whats generation 1jz will be the best and what transmission? Everyone seems to stand by the r154, just not sure what are my other options . If anyone could add anything to my list of mods/parts and prices it would be greatly appreciated. Would like to get a more concrete answer for a price on this swap as I don't have an abundance of money to throw at this project (6k budget).

frapjap
Car: '99 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
'07 Subaru Legacy

Welcome to NICO!
I can't help you a whole heck of a lot about the topic in question, but if/when you do start building, put up a build thread with your progress. A lot of folks will be very happy to see these same questions answered with a bit of a how-to as well.

You likely will also need to get a better fuel pump, some sort of stand alone ECU (assuming you want to tune it), a better clutch, an improved rear end from a J30 or 300zx.

Thankfully, some of that is made easier by our vendors.
http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/nissan ... icing.html
The wiring harness, for instance can be made by Wiring Specialties. Mention NICO when you purchase from any of them.

As for your next steps, check out the vendor page, read (and then read more) and once you're ready to dive in, start posting up your progress!

Crazy Eyes

thanks man! And trust me I've been reading build threads religiously :bigthumb:

Wiring Specialties
Vendor

1JZ harness is available now. 100% brand new, plug and play.
Let us know if you have any questions.

http://www.wiringspecialties.com/1jwihafors14.html

Return to “Hybrids”