1jz/2jz 240sx s13 questions?

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
omgmarkal
Car: s13 240sx

well, hello I'm new here and I'm planning on doing a 1j/240sx swap And I just have a couple questions.
and yes I've used the search many times now and I can't find solid information.
1. what is the best swap kit for reliability? tech2 or zerolift?
2. how easy is the swap?
3. what is all needed to be done? I've heard from different people the the q45 rear diff is needed? and new axles and things like that.
4. from 1js13 owners, what was your final cost with EVERYTHING for the swap?
5. time it took?
and finally! what fabrication is needed?

if I could get just some simple answers that would be great, thanks.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

The engine and transmission will have more to do with reliability than the kit.

How easy is a complete engine reassignment? Not easy.

The factory rear end can stay, you'll need a custom driveshaft though.

Your questions can all be answered with some research. You're not asking for simple answers because you're not asking simple questions.

If it doesn't directly bolt in, it needs to be fabricated. Apply that to every part and piece required to mount the engine/trans and get it running.

Wiring Specialties
Vendor

For anyone thinking of doing a 2J (or 1J) swap, we now supply plug and play wiring harnesses.
Pinouts and guides exist online. The problem we used to see most often was the variance in setups that existed.

You can see what I mean by looking at some of the options from our 2J harness page: http://www.wiringspecialties.com/2jzgtes13240sx.html

There is also AC, ABS etc.

Crazy Eyes

1. Tech2, read that zerolift's kit was poorly manufactured (not completely sure on that I'd search more into them)
2. wouldn't know, haven't done it but im in the same boat as you lol
3.motor/tranny mounts, shift linkage extension, tap speed sensor(if youre using stock gauge cluster), new driveshaft, usdm 2jz waterpump?, run the fuel lines on the otherside of the firewall, and im sure im missing some other stuff as well.
4.~
5.~
ohh and modify the crossmember

Return to “Hybrids”