1999 Altima power window wont go up but no problem going down

General discussion area for the L30-chassis Altima
jenmckinney
Car: 1999 Nissan Altima

My driver side window goes down, no problem. I can't get it to go back up very easily if at all. What should I do? Do I replace the entire console? Could it be just a switch that can be replaced? Where do I get a new console if I need to replace it?

lino
Car: 1991 Q45a Fed-Spec, IQP/White, Texasoil 9 Accumulator Recharge, '93 TCU 1st Gear Start, JWFSB, B&M 70268 Transmission Cooler, BBS Forged Wheels, DRLs, Silverstars, Tint, Very Well Serviced.

It could also be a regulator issue.

cwzkevin
Car: 1998 Nissan Altima

My 98 Altima driver side power window has the same problem as yours. Could go down for everyone, only me could make it go up (very difficultly).

For mine, it is the switch problem. The plastic that holds the switch to lean forward and backward was broken. Such that when it leans forward, the contact is made; but when it leans backward, it is very difficult to make the contact.

Tried to open it up to see if I could fix it, but fail. All I can do was open it up to see the circuit board then can't open it up further. Also, tried to take off the top plastic switch cap (one of the six), but also failed.

Was driving it without using the driver window for a while.

Fixed it yesterday by going to a junk yard, pull out the switch box for $11 then put it in my Altima.

Return to “2nd Generation Altima Sedan (1998-2001)”