1999 2.4 wont rev over 2000 RPM just did Head Gasket

General discussion area for the L30-chassis Altima
thebigz198506
Car: Nissan

got a 1999 nissan altima in the shop and just did the head gasket, now with the car all put together it starts and idles great but wont rev over 2g rpm. I have triple checked my timing and it looks good. Have tried tweaking the distributer and double checked all connections everything seems normal. I dont have a misfire which I would think would comeo up if the timing was off, anyone come across this before, any ideas?

Been trying to figure it out all day and nothin, first tech to have the car tho improperly installed the chain and had the intake cam off a tooth car got towed here, took off valve cover and cam sprockets, set cyl 1 to TDC and aligned cams how they should be and reinstalled everything.

Really giving me a headache and issues if anyone can help please reply

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

Welcome to NICO!

Are you still having this issue? If you are, and since you're rockin a 99 with the KA24DE engine, I'd highly recommend heading over to the KA24 forums here: ka24e-ka24de-forum.html

Lots of guys there that could help you out since that motor is shared with the older Nissan trucks and the 240sx.

thebigz198506
Car: Nissan

Actually got it figured out that night thanks suprisingly to an autozone employee who said with the 99-newer altima 2.4 you have to let the engine runfor 30 min to get it out of 'LIMP MODE', the ECU has to relearn air/fuel, anyone who disconnects the MAF (mass air flow <on intake>) sensor for any extended period of time you will have to do this. Simple as that, just had never heard of that before

Return to “2nd Generation Altima Sedan (1998-2001)”