1997 nissan hardbody

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
1fasthardbody
Car: 1997 nissan hardbody

hi iam new herei have a 1997 nissan hardbody and i was a better sounding muffler i have flowmaster 2 chamber on it i was wondering if i took off the flowmaster and put a str8 pipe would i loose power or gain power and wat other mufflers would sound good ??thanks nick

NismoD-21
Car: '95 Hardbody D-21, '87 Hardbody X-cab D-21

The flowmasters sound ok. I think that dynomax sounds better,(if this is just a muffler swap and nothing else). I also have a new exhaust system on my truck. It consists of 2.25" aluminized tubing from the factory flex pipe,(new), all the way back. I took the catalytic converter off,(since emissions doesn't apply where I live), replaced it with a 16" long glasspack muffler that acts like a resonator, to a Ractive 7" round/4,5" tip polished tail muffler. The sound is very distinctive. It's very deep and quiet at idle and low rpm's. But when you hit the loud pedal, it's still deep yet noticeable. It doesn't sound like those pissed off bumble bee's/weedeaters that you often here when someone hacks there exhaust to hell. Alot of people ask what's under the hood. I tell 'em it's still stock and they still think I have something different. Do not do the strait pipe route. That sounds like a muffler-less geo metro!!

hentacles
Car: 1997 Nissan Hardbody

Hey NismoD-21 can you post a link to a picture of the muffler that you got on your truck? I'm think of making my own exhaust system for my 97 Hardbody since there aren't any company that I know that made one for that year. Thanks.

NismoD-21

I'll try to put some pics up.

NismoD-21

Cant seem to get all pics in one post. Oh well.
Modified by NismoD-21 at 3:17 PM 9/23/2006

NismoD-21

and the last I could find.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

You can select the Gallery button and create a photopost account to host images. Much easier than constantly attaching images.

Welcome to NICO

hentacles
Car: 1997 Nissan Hardbody

The exhaust look sweet, thanks for posting the pictures.

nariex
Car: nissan D21 and Renault Clio Mk1

Hey nice D21 wich engien you´ve got under the hood???

oh well let me introduce my self

I´m a canadian that came to spain with my parents, in the move we brought two cars that we bought in canada an '86 D21 kingcab pickup With an SD25 Egine( yes its diesel non turboed>>>> Piece of ****) and a nissan Sentra B11 with the CD17 engine(Crapy diesel to jejejejje)unfortunaly I run out the road with the sentra and my SR20DET plans went down The hill with the car

But I still Have my D21 and of course that I will customize it ejejje the problem is that in spain there aint no KA24´s You can only get VG30DETT, SR20DE, CA18DE>>> all these as you know are gas engines

in the other side there are engines as the TD27 RD28 and the RD33 Diesel of course any way y will ask you all any doubt about this engine Swap that its the one that I have in mind

D21 face with 300ZXGuts Sounds great or not????

Phobsor Project D21Cj proyect Renaul Clio Mk1 (www.spaces.msn.com/nariex)

NismoD-21

It's just the ka24e engine. nothing special, all stock. A d-21 with a vg30dett? That would be hellaciously fast and awesome. Ditch the diesel and swap in that vg. An sr20de would be sweet to after you tinker and turbo it........hehehe. It's lighter too.

nariex

I allready have my light weight urban terror Check it out

I´v found the VG30dett with The 5 speed trans and the ECU for about 2k US.$ any way it will cost more bring it here to spain that the engine costs

Any way a mechanic form here The nico club, said to me in a post that It wont fit ccause betewen the fire wall ant the radiator ai´n´t enough space

I think that If I take out the engine fan and put it by the outside the radiartor I will get The Space to Fit it either I will Get beter Throtle response QUESTION

nariex

HOW do I low her about 4-5 inches?????

Big-Bird
Car: 2000 Xterra on 'Roids & 2004 Quest SL

Welcome to NICO fellow Canuck! Even though you're in Spain.....

Strange how a mechanic told you the VG30 won't fit in your year of Hardbody. They are shorter then a 2.4 gas or 2.5 Diesel. I saw a Chevy 350 plopped into a late 80's hardbody. It even had the full floater GM 8 bolt axle in the rear!

You may have some issues with oil pan clearance though so this wuold have to be factored in on your swap. There is a early 90's Hardbody in France that was a 2.4 and it had the Turbo 300Z drive train swapped into it. The truck was nuts!

As far as I know it is still in France but I have not been able to locate the link for sometime. I'm going to look again and see what I can dig up.

nariex

Nissan Dealers in Spain are Jer ks. man they wont even knew that they are looking at a nissan´s tail lamp nissan if they dont see a reference code that apears in their screen Do you know wat I mean????

let´s see the pathfinder D21W and The Hard Body D21

well the pathfinther its called in spain nissan terranonot long ago about three months my door handle broke so I had to put a new one

I told them you have to order a nissan terrano door handle for my carDo you know what the dealer answerd me??? Who do you think you are to tell me that a model that has been sold in canada has the same frame and accesories that a model that is sold in spain??? Then he pissed me off I said ok Smart guy just order the piece I´ll pay it even if it does not fit. two weeks later the piece arrives I fix My door handle, back to the dealer and I said I know better what you sell than you do. Look at my door handleand he went jajajajjaany way that was the last time that I went to that dealer

thanks for diggin' up with that French D21 I Will Keep you updated With my proyect thanks a lot

NismoD-21

nariex wrote:HOW do I low her about 4-5 inches?????
Are you talkin about a hardbody or the car???

NismoD-21

The vg will fit. But with the tt's, there's gonna be some modding of the inner fender wells, maybe fire wall too. Not sure. As for the oil pans, I would check and make sure of the differences. You might have to swap to the "truck" oil pan. I'm quite interested in this. I thought of it awhile back but never went any further. Now I'm curious!!!

nariex

NismoD-21 wrote:
Are you talkin about a hardbody or the car???
Hard body jejejej

NismoD-21

There's many ways of doing it. Front 2" drop spindles or lower contol arms, crank torsions another 2"Crank torsions all the way 4"(cheap but squishy front) Rear3" drop leaves and 3" blocks(FYI-I used the 3" drop leaves and 2" blocks and got 6",call me crazy). With 3" blocks my axle was riding the frame!3" blocks, redrilled hangers, remove a leaf.

nariex

Thantks a lot I'll do it as yo say but 6 inches may be to much

nariex

What are you Riding 17's o 18's???? Im lookin for a cool rims but here is dificult to find them specialli for pickups

NismoD-21

17x8 wheels and 215/45R17 tire

nariex

REAL REAL GOOD NEWS I'VE FOUND A 300ZX FOR 2500€ IN MY PROVINCE

This evening i´m going to check it out and if it is good I allready have al the parts I need man I´m going to race any ****ty(almost all cars in spain are turbo diesel so it`s easy) mercedes I find in the motorway jajjajajajaj

I'l keep you Tuned

I'm goin´to xplode

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”